Nijarin

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

i haven't even joined this game.....
but im assuming these LoP Nij players have all used Death Cruisers to get their kills?????...... soooooooo the way to play Nijarian is to abuse their weapons and not use their ships...

controlling the council makes me chuckle though...... reminds me of the game i forced orca to go good so he could get peace and then a week or two later died and was never able to get a DC again... i take full credit for his crappy performance that game..
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Nijarin was designed to be a pro-opping race and that's what you do best. Fury with it's DCS for port raids and planet busts is almost on the same level as Dev (I'm aware of the defense difference and I've played both races), Fury Unos less often then other top racial ships and makes good damage.

In 1v1 combat, if you're not level 25+ and shield heavy - you die, while chasing Devs is completely out of question (unless the Dev has 5k xp, but even then...). Being in an alliance and opping often makes you use a little armor heavy setup cause with 875 shields and 7 guns Fury makes an excellent clearer too, and with it's speed (10tph last round, 12 this round) you can OP pretty often and always be one of the clearers.

I've been Nijarin last two rounds, trading is easy, ports are full, arming is easy and what would even out Fury against other top racial ships is only 100 shields more and if DCS reduces drone damage to 70% instead of 75% as it is now. That way Fury lives if hit by one turret and 2k drones and has slightly better chance in 1v1 fights with ships that don't carry drones.

I must admit, I loved my Fury even as it is, but I generally play this game as an opper, so it makes sense.
Use The Force(s)!
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Infinity wrote:Nijarin was designed to be a pro-opping race and that's what you do best. Fury with it's DCS for port raids and planet busts is almost on the same level as Dev (I'm aware of the defense difference and I've played both races), Fury Unos less often then other top racial ships and makes good damage.

In 1v1 combat, if you're not level 25+ and shield heavy - you die, while chasing Devs is completely out of question (unless the Dev has 5k xp, but even then...). Being in an alliance and opping often makes you use a little armor heavy setup cause with 875 shields and 7 guns Fury makes an excellent clearer too, and with it's speed (10tph last round, 12 this round) you can OP pretty often and always be one of the clearers.

I've been Nijarin last two rounds, trading is easy, ports are full, arming is easy and what would even out Fury against other top racial ships is only 100 shields more and if DCS reduces drone damage to 70% instead of 75% as it is now. That way Fury lives if hit by one turret and 2k drones and has slightly better chance in 1v1 fights with ships that don't carry drones.

I must admit, I loved my Fury even as it is, but I generally play this game as an opper, so it makes sense.
Im not sure how many times I gotta tell new people this, Nij were NOT designed as an OPing race. They were designed as A)An early round hunting race and B) an Ikthorn Counter (because at the time, there were aliance going 60-80% ikthorn on account of them being overpowered). How do I know this you are about to ask. Because I created them.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

My apologies in that case, I'm badly informed.

What you did make is an opping race, and a pretty good one, really, except for the flaws everyone here already know. My opinion and game experience still stands as I've described it in my previous post.

Once again, I'm sorry :)

Edited for typos.
Use The Force(s)!
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

You shouldn't apologize infinity you are more correct than him.....

The only thing Nijarian excels at is opping regardless of the 'intentions'...

A) The ITAC is a 4234342 times better early hunter, and B) the Mothership can still beat a Fury more than half the time...
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Purify wrote:You shouldn't apologize infinity you are more correct than him.....

The only thing Nijarian excels at is opping regardless of the 'intentions'...

A) The ITAC is a 4234342 times better early hunter, and B) the Mothership can still beat a Fury more than half the time...
Wow, thats alot of times better. But ya, one of the main reasons it doesnt do what it was supose to, is the changes the team made to balance Nij. I believe it was Ravenger, hellman, and some others. Originaly the DCS took 1/3 dmg away from drones, and I made them a bad-a55 level 2 weapon to put on the fury for the 7th HP. But the DCS was nerfed and the lvl 2 weapon changed completly by the afformentioned team.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

I like to just pound numbers ;)

I am of the opinion that the Drone Scrambler should take 1/3 damage away from drones instead of the 1/4 it does now..... There was a thread about it, and i beleive most if not all agreed.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Yeah an easy fix for nij would be +125 shields (makes it 1000/700) .70 DCS for ship to ship combat and still .75 for the planet. Turret and full drone planet shot would still kill (like now) and it would be a better 1v1 ship (although I still wouldn't go mono a mono with dev). Five mines would not hurt either, but thats hardly important :).

I'd fly that bad boy around gladly.
-when there is a will there is a way
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Just give the nij ship no shields/extra dcs but 10-20 mines and half my alliance would fly them. I hate flying ships with no seeds, it seems so stupid.
Purify
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Purify »

Jester- wrote:I hate flying ships with no seeds, it seems so stupid.
I can't believe an admin said that.............................................................

oh wait... this is SMR... carry on.
Last edited by Purify on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.