Nijarin

Discuss everything strategical about SMR.
Kard
Beta Tester

Nijarin

Post by Kard »

I figured this would be the best section for this, either this or Questions to the players. But anyway...

If you look at the current games stats for Races, You'll notice the Nijarin are kicking booty. highest exp avg, and second in kills. I know this has alot to do with LoP being Nij heavy. I think this gives us a better look at the Nij. Their strengths and weaknesses, how to play them etc. Having such a good group going Nij heavy could help better balance them like everyone has been wanting.

I was wondering if the LoP guys could post some comments about the Nij. Opinions on how they play. Where they are overpowered or underpowered. Any tweaks that need to be made. Comparisons to how the Nij ships stack up against other ships you like/had success with in the past. And wether you liked the Nij race or not, and why.

And yes, I realise this is all mostly moot with 1.5 being nearly ready to launch, but humor me.

Thanks
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

there warbird is awful for 1v1 combat..

but there warbird is awesome for ops.
ImageImage
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

lol 46 views but only 1 post
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

because i think most of the strengths/weaknesses have been discussed and pointed out before.

The vindicator is a good early game hunter, but its odd that they have CDs (thats looking through the RP aspect of it)

The fury has a very weak defensive, which makes it undesirable for most veteran players

the nij weapons are very nice, especially since they're all in one shop

the DCS should be reworked because it doesn't help too much (debatable)
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

and as for the best way to play it...

Hunt early. Then trade high experience, then hop into a Fury to help your alliance bust planets with lots-o-drones.

its an easy race to trade with because there is usually such a low nij population that hunters usually don't bother hunting nijarin space.
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

The nicest thing about nij is that it is generally hunted the least. I went nij with the goal of trading high and getting a FU or DC (ignoring the Fury because it is an incredibly underpowered warbird vs. warbird combat if you ask me). However if I do choose to fly a Fury my arming route is ridiculously short (19 turns I believe) which helps out. Basically it is like any other race, how you play it decides how you do in the game. However I'm not gonna be in a Fury shooting at anything unless it is a planet.
-when there is a will there is a way
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

you have to also remembr though, that other people could arm up in like 20 turns(if they ahve peace with nj)
ImageImage
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

Obviously that is why no one has peace with nij :p
DWill
Admin Emeritus

Post by DWill »

But yes poca is right a lot of the advantages are nullified when nijarin vote for peace with other races, which happens a lot since it is mainly newbs who go nijarin and green (for president).
Lord Ghostbear
Quiet One

Post by Lord Ghostbear »

I agree that the nice thing about nijarin is they arent really hunted that much...I like nij cause their warbird is good for OPs and that you dont have a far distance to go when you arm up..and its nice too that this game the president isnt getting any peace so therefor the weapons are all ours :P
Lord Ghostbear, LGB, A Flufffy Bunny
Avalanche, Quiet Riot, _-=`Perfection`=-_, many more but those are most recent