Secret Game

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Secret Game

Post by Freon22 »

I wanted to say a few things about this secret game and its not fair to steal another thread to do it. So we all remember Azools game? I hope you do anyway, Azool game was also "loosely based on SM/TDZK/SMR/...". Now when Azool finished ???? thats not the word, when he got it so it ran without crashing he put it live and did away with the classic SMR game. I argued against removing the classic SMR but was shot down :). The game was full of bugs and we or I should say SMR lost many players. The main reason I was told why the classic SMR had to be shut down was we did not have enough players to run two games.

Now that same argument can be used on this secret game as it was then. The big different from then to now is SMR has even fewer players so while that argument holds more weight now. It would still be a bad idea to shut down classic SMR when/if the secret game comes out. I don't think SMR could stand to lose to many more players on a gamble.

If Page is coding this secret game then I am sure it would not be released until all known bugs were fixed. But I would still think it would be best to run both games side by side for two rounds just to see how the players take to it. If the reviews on the secret game are good then by all means shut down classic SMR. If not then work on it more and run it along side classic until you have something that most players like. I really think the days of a few players saying now a game mechanics should work is long over.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Secret Game

Post by Beausoleil »

As someone involved in the secret game project, I would say that I have similar feelings. I'd like to see "classic" SM gameplay be an option, since the familiar look/feel/rules still have a charm all their own, and could help bridge people over to the new game.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Why aren't you people posting this in the Secret Game subforum?
Use The Force(s)!
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

Because it's being kept separate from SMR so as not to actually be or belong to SMR.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

It's not related to SMR at all, SMR is completely different from this (well, as different from this as it is TDZK/ME/SM etc). So don't worry, SMR is not gonna suddenly be upheaved or anything because of it.

On a side note any posts about it should be in the games discussion really as it is a separate thing altogether..
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

/me humps Page
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

Oh and if this is in the wrong forum shouldn't the board admin or a mod move it? ;-)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok so your saying that this secret game is not supported or hosted by Spock (SMR).

You do know that because this secret game being developed is secret you are going to get the ten thousand question thing on it. That is until all is known about it and then you'll get the hundred thousand question thing on why this and why that. LOL
SpaceDoG
Quiet One

Post by SpaceDoG »

Yup. No the game is not being developed or supported by Spock :-P I plan on doing a Q&A sometime in the near future once all the members agree on the basics of the gameplay and we get the major features ironed out.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

so is the game going to be like the 1.5 ?
ImageImage