Good gaming laptop?

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
Strike
Admin Emeritus

Good gaming laptop?

Post by Strike »

Hey,

I'm sick of my old laptop and need a new 1, perferably one that runs DAoC perfectly.
I tried looking on the net but there's just so much choice and I don't want to buy the wrong 1 again.
Anybody got any suggestions for good laptops at around $500-$600 (can be bought from ebay)? If you find me one I like and buy you will get a small reward and my eternal gratitude :P
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

what are the system requirements of DAoC? A laptop for $500-600 will be *hard* to get, but not impossible for a gaming system. Dell usually has their starting laptop around that price (~$500 depending on deal/other stuff on computer)
Strike
Admin Emeritus

Post by Strike »

Well what I care about mainly is that it has a good graphic card (i.e. Radeon 9000), decent RAM (between 256 and 512MB DDR), and good processor speed (~1.5GHZ).
Basically it should be enough to run World of Warcraft, Command and Conquer Generals, Neverwinter Nights, etc... perfectly....
Basically I want a pc which can run all the new games smooth. And I can pay a bit more if it's an exceptional offer.
Strike
Admin Emeritus

Post by Strike »

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

That one is used, and for $ 846.00 poor deal.

This one is new $ 711.00 before taxs and shipping. But it looks like it has everything that the used one has.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... 00L1&s=dhs
Strike
Admin Emeritus

Post by Strike »

Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics

I don't believe that this is a good graphic card? My current laptop has awesome specs but a bad graphic card and that is the main reason I can hardly play any games...
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

If you want a computer that plays latest games, you'll need to pay a lot more than that.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Gaming and Laptop dont belong in the same sentence, not if you are trying to keep costs down. You could probably build yourself a much better desktop for gaming for that price
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

OmegaRenegade wrote:Gaming and Laptop dont belong in the same sentence, not if you are trying to keep costs down. You could probably build yourself a much better desktop for gaming for that price
thats true. Gaming laptops usually run about $400 more than a normal desktop PC, same specs and all. Also, the laptops run at higher heat than desktops. Just things to think about. I currently have a gaming laptop that was "engineering requiremented" for me... although I don't see any programs needing that much power/speed... oh well, works great with hl2 :)
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

ur better off spending a few hundred more and get a great one there are like little price breaks that if u spend a little more u can get double the performace memory such like that...if i were u would wait til i saved up 1k
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....