what are the chances?

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
acidtrip
Quiet One

Post by acidtrip »

AA vs QJ off suit.
Flop comes and QJ doesn't have a straight or flush draw nor a pair.
What are the odds QQ or JJ come on the turn and river?

Was wondering because QQ came and my AA hand lost QQQ :(

%2?
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

acidtrip wrote:AA vs QJ off suit.
Flop comes and QJ doesn't have a straight or flush draw nor a pair.
What are the odds QQ or JJ come on the turn and river?

Was wondering because QQ came and my AA hand lost QQQ :(

%2?
well he needs 2 cards so 3 queens 3 jacks in the deck assumed 6 outs times 2 makes 12 percent to hit on the turn and from there the river to beat if he catches the queen 4% for the queen but u also had the jack outs 10% i believe
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

not even close PV, chances of getting the runner runner he needed from 6 cards is about 1.33% The exact number is (6*5)/(48*47)

That includes hitting 2 pair, not just trips (in other words; QQ, JJ, JQ or QJ). The odds of hitting trips (QQ or JJ) are about 0.53%
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

anything can happen in poker..i was playing a Freeroll but top 18 win a little bit of money..and there was 19 people left so everyone was just kinda folding waiting for the short stack to get out or something. So i useally play agressive in this situation to push around people afraid of going out.

But anyways i get KK delt to me and i get like 2 limpers..so i decide i will just push and try to steal the blinds and kick the limpers out and if they call then most likely im in great chance of doubling up..because i wanted to win 18th-10th didn't mean anything cept 1 dollar which didn't really let u play much. but someone with AQ calls so im thinking Sweet thats like a 65-35 advantage then flop comes QQx yep so i was was super short stack after that hit :( But i woulda played the hand differently if i got it again..I just got remember i shouldn't have to bet all my chips to try to steal blinds/annes cause anything can happen in poker..

blinds are 2.5k/5k and anne is like 700 or something and i was BB i had J-x there was 3 other players and flop came J-x-x...J being top pair..So mainly my only option is all in...but then i soon to find out everyone folded cept someone called..and what does he flip over? AA...limped with AA made me kinda mad

But anyways im kinda new to poker only been playing for a solid 4 months now. Im just curious to you other players that know the game much better then me. Was my decisions right?
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

It's a freeroll.

The only advice I can give to you is not to play based on your results. You want to make the best decisions. If you do, the results will come. You got your monies in with the best hand, and suckouts happen.

Hand histories would be nice if you want real input.
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

Ardbeg wrote:not even close PV, chances of getting the runner runner he needed from 6 cards is about 1.33% The exact number is (6*5)/(48*47)

That includes hitting 2 pair, not just trips (in other words; QQ, JJ, JQ or QJ). The odds of hitting trips (QQ or JJ) are about 0.53%
my bad im retarded
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team