civ4

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
piratedan
Quiet One

civ4

Post by piratedan »

okay, so I'm jealous about all u that have scored the game ahead of me, tell me all about it.... how does the religion stuff work and the new civics, is the AI just as evil as ever? Can u actually play the culture strategy this time? or does the AI still decide that as soon as your culture and armed forces mix is lethal to hit you with a plague so that everyone starves even if you have the pyramids and smith's trading company to suck out your population and drain your bank? or does everyone still declare war on you simply because you didn't want to cough up your hard earned cash?

and yeah I know, I screwed up and had this in answer to some guy promoting his own game, my apologies....
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

what is civ4?
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Re: civ4

Post by Prince Valiant »

piratedan wrote:okay, so I'm jealous about all u that have scored the game ahead of me, tell me all about it.... how does the religion stuff work and the new civics, is the AI just as evil as ever? Can u actually play the culture strategy this time? or does the AI still decide that as soon as your culture and armed forces mix is lethal to hit you with a plague so that everyone starves even if you have the pyramids and smith's trading company to suck out your population and drain your bank? or does everyone still declare war on you simply because you didn't want to cough up your hard earned cash?

and yeah I know, I screwed up and had this in answer to some guy promoting his own game, my apologies....
religion is real tight allows you to see other nations cities if they got the same religion as your national religion. civics are cool allows more control over your governemt. Ya u can play culture strategy easly. dont know about that problem never had it strike me with a famine even in civ3. Na most are peaceful i thing its awsome
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Carnuth
Quiet One

Post by Carnuth »

a little... Tooo peaceful...
dawnrazors, shadow, system failure, cereal killers, death control, suckas, armory
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Carnuth wrote:a little... Tooo peaceful...
then try playing something harder than the warlord setting........
Cuda
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Cuda »

Ardbeg wrote:
Carnuth wrote:a little... Tooo peaceful...
then try playing something harder than the warlord setting........

I agree, or try playing online with others. We should get a SMR game organized one day, playing online is a lot of fun if you've got a few hours to spare.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

XDemonX wrote:what is civ4?
As in Civilization 4.

[Edit] I have it now, but I am not allowed to open it, install it, or play it until I catch up in my homework. It's my bribe. :B.O.B.:
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

we should have an Age of Empires 3 online game going too!
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
DM
Quiet One

Post by DM »

B.O.B. wrote:I have it now, but I am not allowed to open it, install it, or play it until I catch up in my homework. It's my bribe. :B.O.B.:
Holy Crap!!!!!! Boy, aren't you the diligent one?!? Back in the day when I had homework, that Civ. 4 wrapper would be safely nested on top of those homework assignments in the thrashcan nearest my computer! But, of course, if it were back then it would most likely be the wrapper to the Atari 2600 Pitfall or Missle Command. :eek: