Online{ish} Games For Which You Have Paid....and why

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Bonker wrote:who cares if u gotta pay ppl moan about having to pay for a game but yet u'll go out pay ?40 on a xbox/PS game complete it in 7 solid hours then play with ureself and then throw it in the draw with all the rest of ure games *yawn* the good thing about online is in most cases u d/l the game pay like ?4 a month and its never ending constant patches bringing out better content and even if u have to pay for the boxset its like ?20 and 5x as more fun whooping ppl from all over the world not jus u vs computer i mean u can go out in 1 hour and pickup ?4 off the street so its not mutch to moan about =))
wrong. Chromehounds for the XBOX360 is one of the most Dynamic, flexible, competetive gameds ever. its like TDZK and a FPS and an RTS all combined into 1. Ive put over 1500 hours into that game in the last year (it tracks time played). I pay 120$ for a year of XBL and 60$ for the game, which brought me 1500 hours of the best gaming experience ever.
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

I nearly donated to TW... but I got a little bored of the game, even though I had like 40 villages... perhaps the easier interface that the donation would have bought me would have made it less boring.... but hey

now I have donated to SMR.. about $160.. why..

cos although the game does need work, and I don't always agree with what changes, I've never left, I've played every game since the old shareplay days, in other words I'm hooked... not just because I like the game, but for the interaction and the friends I've made...

Also I like to have the scout reports and sometimes a ship name.... and sometimes I just give points away to people who ask (don't ask you won't get any), as I'm just supporting Spock, who does have a few overheads, like bandwidth and servers...
Lord Luc

Re: Online{ish} Games For Which You Have Paid....and why

Post by Lord Luc »

I bought six gold memberships (one-months) on Eerchant Empires once because I wanted to support them and needed GM's :cool:. I don't have time for that game anymore though. I also was donated a 6 month membership from a grateful alliance buddy who wanted to thank me for helping him get started. Other than that haven't paid for any online games, though I might start supporting a Starcraft Forum. I never liked the idea of having to buy a game again and again every month, blizzard and battle.net have spoiled me :P.