Online{ish} Games For Which You Have Paid....and why

To discuss any and all games, but not however to advertise games.
yamo
Quiet One

Online{ish} Games For Which You Have Paid....and why

Post by yamo »

just sent a check off to Dwarf Fortress 'cause i'm a huge fan of that game's ingenuity...and the dev seems to work on it every day.

Bought some chits for Merchant Empires because of its great trade model only to find out that the Developers ruined the trade system with their last "upgrade"....grrr

Eve online is tempting but the price, over time, could be uncomfortably high...plus unlimited play time could ruin my life...yes, i do!

never donated to Sm/Smr...perhaps because i (mistakenly?) get the sense that the game is not the focus of great effort. Sounds meaner than i intended. i did not play much the last 5-6 yrs...dropping by to see if it was still up...mebbe 1.5 will WOW me...what might help is a Developer's Journal(without an attached forum...Don't read the Forum!...Don't go in the Barn!...The KILLER is IN THE BARN!). let folks see that the game is vital behind the scenes...

Paying fair value is anathema to me generally...nothing you earn is worth obtaining<g>...but not unheard of...this strarted out such a happy post.
Old Soul. Newbie Skills!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I have never paid anything to any online game that requires payment to play. I have never given any money to ME why, because they place thing on the page and say. "Pay and you will not have to see this anymore"

Now I have given money to the old Space Merchants, Why because I liked the game. When they were having money trouble a lot of us since them money trying to help. I have given money to Space Merchant Realms (SMR), Why because I like the game and I want the game to be here for tomorrow. I know banwidth is not free, server time cost, it takes money to keep the game running.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i've only ever paid for SMR, i sent in some money (through Holy because if I got a paypal account, i'd be doomed for life) Probably about 15 credits, because i love the game, i spend my life on mIRC and constantly checking the alliance forums, even though i knew there would be no new posts.

I dont pay for ME because im newto it and every time i get on i get killed (argh Hellz must die)

I don't pay for TW because i don't have that many villages, and i don't pay for LunarWars because its not worth it for a gamethat'll be destroyed within a year, regardless of money.
Tyr
Quiet One

Post by Tyr »

FFXI and EQ2
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

WoW - Because it's awesome

Xbox Live - Because it's awesome
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

Jester- wrote: Xbox Live - Because it's awesome
im happy i have a roomate who pays.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I pay for XBL. Its the best online gaming experience by leaps and bounds, exluding MMORPGs though.

I would have donated to TDZK if it had ever reached the potential it could have.

And I will probably donate to DOMO (dream of mirror online). Its a free MMORPG that is actualy the quality of Pay MMORPG's. Amazing freedom in this game. I just started playing it about 1 week ago, and It will be my main game until Warhammer Online is released. DOMO has taken away my XBL playing time all week.

So Ive only ever payed to play for 1 thing and that was XBL, but that gives me access to many games. And I would donate to 2 others.
Skarlet
Quiet One

Post by Skarlet »

Jester- wrote:WoW - Because it's awesome
Bonker
Beta Tester

Post by Bonker »

who cares if u gotta pay ppl moan about having to pay for a game but yet u'll go out pay ?40 on a xbox/PS game complete it in 7 solid hours then play with ureself and then throw it in the draw with all the rest of ure games *yawn* the good thing about online is in most cases u d/l the game pay like ?4 a month and its never ending constant patches bringing out better content and even if u have to pay for the boxset its like ?20 and 5x as more fun whooping ppl from all over the world not jus u vs computer i mean u can go out in 1 hour and pickup ?4 off the street so its not mutch to moan about =))
Bonker
Beta Tester

Post by Bonker »

*oops* posted twice hah