BBCode

Post by Page »

Some initial description of the BBCode support in SMR:
http://wiki.smrealms.de/index.php/BBCode
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: BBCode

Post by N.ator »

do we have bbc code implemented within the game?
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Yes, it has been for a fairly long time now, it came in at the same time as the preview options in various places.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

maybe we should put a place above a message saying this! or even buttons to implement the bbc code into the text box! because i think no one is using this!
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i just tested it out. looks good! what we should do is possibly have the text of a bbc code different.. because if someone doesnt scroll over it, they wont know.
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well if you use the alliance/player/url links then they are a different colour, b/u/i look different, there are other BBCodes available too but I didn't have time when I was writing it to lookup the whole list.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Page wrote:Well if you use the alliance/player/url links then they are a different colour, b/u/i look different, there are other BBCodes available too but I didn't have time when I was writing it to lookup the whole list.
the alliance and player url links are just highlighted when you hover over them.. normally they dont appear any different.

but i think if we can get like the web board has, and a button to use the bbc code, a lot more people will use it!
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I agree, but there doesn't seem to be a straightforward one available really so I'd have to write my own, I might get around to that but no promises. The player and alliance links should appear exactly as they do on the news (coloured according to player alignment, and blue for alliances), if they don't then something really weird is happening since the news actually just uses the bbcode itself.