Testing: Beta errors

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Re: Testing: Beta errors

Post by Page »

Ok, apparently it's just that the sector data for RealWarpTest2 is screwed up :S
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok I also see you fixed the good display. Good job having the cargo hold goods display in the upper left corner was messing up the html display a little. Since you fixed it the game display is much cleaner. Now to find one of these games that has a planet galaxy in it so can play with them some, seem Jett Test doesn't have planets.
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

Ok so just so I know what I'm looking for, I just drove round beta doing things getting multiple errors like these

when depoiting money in alliance account
Notice: Undefined index: requestExempt in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_alliance_processing.php on line 108

when clicking anonymous account
Notice: Undefined index: account_num in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined index: make in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined index: made in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 19

trying to create an anonymous account
Notice: Undefined index: account_num in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined index: made in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 19

when accessing anon account just made
Notice: Undefined index: make in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined index: allowed in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon.php on line 183

when depoiting or withdrawing money in anon account
Notice: Undefined variable: password in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/bank_anon_processing.php on line 81
Notice: Undefined index: in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/smr.inc on line 261

When clicking on a planet
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 169
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 170
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 171

When landing on a planet, or hitting planet main, once landed
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 28
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 30
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 36
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 38
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 44
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 46
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 70
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 169
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 170
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib/page/SmrPlanet.class.inc on line 171

when trying to add shields to planet
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_defense_processing.php on line 70
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_defense_processing.php on line 71
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 28
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 30
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 36
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 38
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 44
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 46
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Old_School/planet_main.php on line 70

Now I take it you don't need to know any of these ?, just for me though, how are these things to be fixed, or is it that they work, and you just have the error reporting thing set to max, so they work anyway ?

Also just for my info, as I'm not sure why it happened, or what it is, what is 1.6, is it a rehash of 1.0 ?, or some of 1.5 as well.... exactly what base code have we started from ?
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

Combat logs, are back to how we used to select them, by ticking a radio box, I like the way it is now and we can cycle through them..... can this be changed ?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Swagman wrote:Now I take it you don't need to know any of these ?, just for me though, how are these things to be fixed, or is it that they work, and you just have the error reporting thing set to max, so they work anyway ?

Also just for my info, as I'm not sure why it happened, or what it is, what is 1.6, is it a rehash of 1.0 ?, or some of 1.5 as well.... exactly what base code have we started from ?
In PHP you don't have to declare variables (say you're going to use them before using them), so the moment you try to access one that hasn't been set to equal anything it is created and defaulted to 0 / "" / false but at the same time issues an error (of level E_NOTICE I believe). By default PHP only shows fatal errors so these don't get displayed, and they're perfectly fine if you expect the value to be 0 / "" / false, however if it's a case of you wanted to use the value of armour $armour, and type $armor by accident it will obviously cause a problem. So for terms of testing it's nice to have all the errors shown even though most are completely harmless, but for the few that aren't it can potentially save me a lot of time/effort.

Also the code base used was initially 1.2.1, but it's now been very heavily changed. The plan is a merging of 1 and 1.5 to get the features of both because even though 1.5 has some nice features (even the most miserable old vet will be bound to like at least one of the new features) it is missing a lot of the things that 1 had which were really important (admin tools for one) and beyond that it had a lot of other little things that make the game more interesting (at least in my opinion) like bounties, being raided by feds at port, etc.

The reason I started with the 1.2.1 code and not 1.5 code is that I decided it would be a lot quicker and easier to do it that way round.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I didn't not know that about PHP variables. In my old vbscript days I had the declare all variables and now when coding C# I have to declare and set it type. So if I am gone to use a variable I have to declare it and tell what it is, int, string, char, ... If I don't know what I am going to hold in my variable then I can declare it as an object, but thats a poor way to go in the MS world. LOL

You explaining those Notice: helps alot, was thinking that you had alot of code lines that need work. :-)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Planets do not show on Local Map or Galaxy Map.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Technically they still appeared when their was also a location in sector, but it's been fixed now :)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

beta login page?

Warning: require_once(/home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib//page/Globals.class.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Default/smr.inc on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/lib//page/Globals.class.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Default/smr.inc on line 2
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Login page up now but after loging in next page.

Fatal error: Class 'SMR_HISTORY_DB' not found in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/engine/Default/game_play.php on line 113