multis need fixing now

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

canff
Beta Tester

multis need fixing now

Post by canff »

Iam sick of seeing multis in game... day in and day out... 2 in the last week to scout my planets....if you don't get the multi check back i am going to quit... its killing the game,,,,and its vets useing them because they know nothing is being done about it....we had teh code to check before where is it... and why is no one useing it.....
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: multis need fixing now

Post by Infinity »

SMR1.5 doesn't have that part of code at all unfortunately. If it comforts you we've had freshly registered users not only scouting my galaxy, but suiciding to one of our planets, therefor freezing cash on them.
Use The Force(s)!
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

how hard is it to make a check.. we are loseing old players day in and out....because they are fed up with it...and other old players get to cheat and get away with it... yes its beta....i know but its the only live game....have we moved on to 1.6 and quit on 1.5?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

canff wrote:have we moved on to 1.6 and quit on 1.5?
Pretty much, yes. 1.6 has all the code for multi-checking, proper banning, bounties, fed searches, etc. Basically it's got so much more that I'm building on that base as it has the most important things, and the things it's missing will be easier to add in to the 1.6 code (than working with 1.5 and adding the old stuff).

And plans are for 1.6 to be live for next game (as a beta like 1.5), but for it to be out of beta with stats etc for the round after (because live has been in beta for way too long).

Also before you think that all the work on 1.5 has been wasted, a lot of the code from 1.5 (at least the stuff I've done) can be transferred without too much problem.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

1.6 will have it plus all the other neat stuff 1.2 had.
Use The Force(s)!