Beta Games

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Beta Games

Post by Freon22 »

These beta game that are now running are very poorly done. The best one is the Jett Test game but that one does not have any planet galaxies. I think all of the beta game should be deleted and a new one started that is put together right with planets so this game can be tested before it is released. I also think that these other two races should be deleted because there is no place in the game for them right now.

Edit: Also and this is just an idea but I think beta should be open to all the last two week of the current live game. This way we will have more testing to see if it is ready or not.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Beta Games

Post by Page »

I made most of them whilst trying to test the uni generator, or specific things, I bunged a load of race wars ships/hardware/weapons in CreateTest as well as a load of ports and planets (normal bars didn't seem to make it in, just Azool's cribs - sure I had them as 50/50 though). The warp ones were just to test multiple galaxies.

Basically each game that I've made was designed to test a certain thing, there is no realistic game because very few people ever bother to make them (face it, we used Baalz map for how many months in beta before?).

Anyways I've given you access to create universes in beta, so feel free to get a decent one together (but the uni generator isn't as good as the one that 1.5 had so it's a lot harder - you can't really edit things once you've saved them)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Thanks, will see what I can put together.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Question??? I see that you have two .js files on the page. Are you going to be adding some realtime updating? :-)

Hope thats the idea here because I think adding some Ajax and a few other thing and you will have a good mix of old with new.