Lotus

Post by Blade »

Lotus wants in to beta team
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Lotus

Post by Freon22 »

Lotus is a ok guy. No different then any of us. He knows the game and how thing should work. I don't think I have a say in if he can or can't join but if by chance this thread is sometype of a vote then I vote yes let him in.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I don't think I have a say in if he can or can't join
I have :P

I wouldn't mind having Loty in, as he knows the game and certainly would have good ideas. What everyone else think?
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Well I spoke to Page and JJ the other day, it would be nice to have 1 or 2 players who are new, someone who is not bias towards 1.0 or 1.5 but neutral
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Blade wrote:Well I spoke to Page and JJ the other day, it would be nice to have 1 or 2 players who are new, someone who is not bias towards 1.0 or 1.5 but neutral
it's always nice to have more people testing, but that's not the reason many people join beta team. More people to throw ideas around could also be good, but really a lot of the stuff in here should probably be done in the suggestions forum instead, that way it makes the visible webboard more active and allows more people input.

In respone to LotuS joining, I can be pretty certain it's purely to push his own agenda. That's not a problem to me, but it'd be nice for him to help test as well
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Hate to break it to you, but we are all here to push our own agenda. It's just that often our agendas align...

Lotus and i have very similar views, so i defintely support the extra support :)
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I know that Kah, however some people do also help with testing..
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well I don't want anymore of a war that we have here already sometimes. I think for the most part we set aside our personal agenda when we see that something is better for the game as a whole. As long as Lotus can do that then I am still all for him joining, if he can't then no. We fight enough with each other even when we are working to the same ends, without someone pushing an agenda that is not supported by most of SMR players.

But I think for the most part he wants what is best for the game more then any personal agenda. I hope!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, personally I have a problem with Lotus, not because he will push his own agenda, but because I do not know him as someone who listens to other ideas. We want people on the beta-team with an open mind, and I may be wrong, but Lotus was not naturally gifted with one.

But, more importantly, I do not see why the beta-team needs expanding. Sure, the more people the more ideas, but it will also become more difficult to come to any agreement on those ideas. Besides, we still have only one coder (despite my efforts to communicate that this is not sufficient for any game), so how on earth will we implement those ideas?

Finally, I don't think it's a very good idea to let people 'invite' themselves to the beta-team, because if all the old vets come back, then you can be sure that there's a lot more ego's that will want to have something to say.
Last edited by Edgecrusher on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Seeing he wanted more of a executive role than a tester one... I guess not then.
Use The Force(s)!