Alignment of goods

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Alignment of goods

Post by Freon22 »

Good point Kahless, the same holds true for Good players. You alignment only goes up if you are searched, you kill an evil player or enemy race.

But both evil and good alignment can be changed by attack ports. Attack your races port align goes down attack your races enemy port and your align goes up.

If something else is added to change align then it needs to be done carefully. We don't want players to be able to swing their align back and forth to easily.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Yea, can't have that, but also cant have a situation where people are forced to do combat so they can trade. There arn't any experience restrictions on weapons =)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The 100, 150, 200 / -100, -150, -200 for good and evil goods would work. When you become a deputy you are set to 150 align and when you join underground you are set to -150 align. I didn't see any point in adding align for selling Good3 or Evil3 goods.

trading Good goods
100 = Good1
150 = Good2
200 = Good3

600 Good1 traded = .25 align
600 Good2 traded = .50 align

Trading Evil goods
-100 = Evil1
-150 = Evil2
-200 = Evil3

600 Evil1 traded = .25 align
600 Evil2 traded = .50 align

Maybe something like that or use 1000 goods instead of 600 goods.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Not a bad idea.
Use The Force(s)!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Yea, that could work, although we need to be careful again because that could allow for pretty quick changes in allign. Me personally i have a 1300 hold ship. I could buy and dump an awful lotf of goods every day =) So the allignment change could only really be applied either to the selling end.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Kahless_ wrote:Yea, that could work, although we need to be careful again because that could allow for pretty quick changes in allign. Me personally i have a 1300 hold ship. I could buy and dump an awful lotf of goods every day =) So the allignment change could only really be applied either to the selling end.
Are we going to be able to build super ships in SMR 1.6?

Edit: I wanted to point out one very bad flaw that Azool did not think of when he was coding 1.5. That is you can not allow users to build super ships and have nearly un-limited play time. The two doesn't work together, and inorder to make them work together you would have to rase the cost of everything so high that unless you played nearly all the time you would not be able to complete.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Freon22 wrote:
Kahless_ wrote:Yea, that could work, although we need to be careful again because that could allow for pretty quick changes in allign. Me personally i have a 1300 hold ship. I could buy and dump an awful lotf of goods every day =) So the allignment change could only really be applied either to the selling end.
Are we going to be able to build super ships in SMR 1.6?

Edit: I wanted to point out one very bad flaw that Azool did not think of when he was coding 1.5. That is you can not allow users to build super ships and have nearly un-limited play time. The two doesn't work together, and inorder to make them work together you would have to rase the cost of everything so high that unless you played nearly all the time you would not be able to complete.
Well no, 1.6 doesnt allow it yet(I gon't think, i havent actually touched it). But my understanding was that Page's idea is to bring back "the best bits" of 1.5, which i'm assuming involves ship upgrades. If they return in their present format, then we have problem. If gameplay is fixed then there isnt as much of a problem.

1.6 might look very different now, but my understanding is it is mostly designed to be a better coding platform to build on 1.5.

And you don't need to be telling me about Azool's flawed thinking when it came to implementing SC and upgrades the way they have been. Just about every ppost i've made has been whinging about that..
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Upgrades will probably come back similar to how they are at the moment (they've been greatly improved from the start of 1.5), however I don't want upgrades to make "super ships", just allow someone to customise a ship to their liking. I do think upgrades can be a good thing if done right, but it needs to be balanced (as everything does)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

May I add that this post now coincides with the discussion on new ships? Please reply there...
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Just make it so that is like .0001% of evil goods traded (or fed goods traded). That's 1 alignment gain/loss every 10,000 holds.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey