Alignment of goods

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Alignment of goods

Post by Page »

Related to http://bugs.smrealms.de/view.php?id=156

Do we want different levels for the goods, so -100, -150, -200 (for example) to get slaves/weapons/narcs similar to the ships in 1.5 or do we want them all at a set align?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Alignment of goods

Post by JettJackson »

i like this idea, as it would slow the flow of money some in the game too, i personally would approve of this
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I also agree with the different alignment levels!

In old SMR if you are evil you can trade Good goods and Evil goods. Is it the same way in 1.5? I don't know because I have not played it as evil yet. I would think in 1.6 there should be goods that only Good can trade just like there are goods that only Evil can see and trade.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

In 1.5 there are 3 good only, and 3 evil only.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yup, same. Swag had a topic on this, somewhere on the board.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well I've put slaves as -100, weapons -150, narcs -175 (dropping align is fairly hard for a trader) - this is easily changed as it's just a database field.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

ya id agree with the evil, id make the good ones 100 150 200 thou as its pretty easy to go up in alignment

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

It's not really any easier to gain align - bear in mind no excavating atm
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

true

Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I disagree with the numbers.

Should be -100, -125, -150.

Shouldn't need to get kills to trade top goods, should just need to maintain your evilness to use them.

If you make them only accessible to +/-175 people you exclude alot of people who are not interested in killing.

Only way numbers can be made to the -175 or -200 mark is if searching is in full effect, though even then it seems weird cause if you buy an evil trader you are less likely to be searched, so you are less likely to be able to change allign, so you can't use top goods.