Ship Redesign

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Ship Redesign

Post by Blade »

I have been working on a ship list

As someone has to be brave, I hope to have it finished sunday so you war machines can gun it down and rip it apart :)
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Ok, Blade, we're waiting for it :D
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Blade that ship list really sucks. It's completely unbalanced, and favors the experience people to the newbies. Ships are way too expensive, you haven't been listening to a thing I said about carreer paths, and this is a ship list for fighters and traders, not for hunters who are once again being screwed.

I haven't seen the list yet, but thought I'd just give you a sample of my comments :)
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

If y'all are going to use ship upgrades in 1.6, I'd like to see a couple of changes to all the ships:

1. Make it so a good chunk of the ships have negatives in stuff to prevent them from being used too much outside of their role. The negatives would make it so it'd take a great deal of upgrades to get out of their roles. For instance, for the top tier trader, whether it is Alskant, or Neutral, make it so they have -50 CDs, -3 Weapon slots, and -X Weapon power so that making this ship used in any kind of combat would be nearly impossible. Additionally, for that top tier trader, add +2 bonus gadget slots, so right off the bat they can equip 2 gadgets without needing any upgrades in that area. Anyway, that is just something I would like to see.

2. From what I understand, port searches are back, for evil players, add in a new type of hold: Smuggling holds. Only goods in those holds would have the lower % of being found, and can be kept on any ship (as long as you alignment -150 or lower). But to balance it out, make it so with -150 alignment you can only have 150 of your holds be smuggling holds, and each additional lower alignment is 1 more hold you can have as a smuggling hold, IE -300 alignment = 300 smuggling holds. If your alignment goes up, you don't lose your smuggling holds, but if you die and reship, you can't buy as many as you have.

These types of holds would have to be much more expensive than regular holds. Also, to prevent holds abuse, instead of being able to destroy cargo holds so you can buy more smuggling holds (similar to mining drones), make it so you can pay to convert the holds from one type to the other (and you would retain your cargo).

Additionally, you could have Evil ships would get a bonus on max number of smuggling holds (say 150, so they could have 300 smuggling holds total).

As to evil goods themselves, you could even add a small bonus, in that say you have 600 holds, 150 of which are smuggling holds. You buy Narcs, the port owner gives you a slight discount on 150 of the goods he is selling you as it is easier for him to sneak them on to your ship, and the same goes for selling them.

Anyway, feel free to tear my ideas apart, just what I had stuck in my head.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey