Weapons
Medicine
Computers
Luxury Items

Tier 4
Engineered Goods
Antibiotics
Narcotics

Either that or add 1 fed and 1 evil good so they have 1 in each tier.

As to the restocking, in Old SM?/SMR? --- one of the two --- Restocking went as such:

If you traded 3 tier_1 goods, you restocked 1 tier_2 good to each tier_2 good.
If you traded 4 tier_2 goods, you restocked 1 tier_3 good to each tier_3 good.

I'd like to see this expanded to tier 4 goods too, to where it is:
If you trade 5 tier_3 goods, you restock 1 tier_4 good to each tier_4 good.

I haven't done the math in 1.5, but I'm pretty sure it is either a straight 4:1 ratio, or 3:1 ratio or it is flip-flopped (tier 2 goods give a 3:1 ratio, while tier 1 goods only give a 4:1 ratio). Additionally, I think tier 2 goods restock bother tier 3 & 4 goods.

Also, considering raiding weapons and ships and what not, I think port levels should be upped to not only accommodate for that but also for routes having tier 4 goods. Since 3 tier_4 goods exist, then max port level should be 12. I do realize that with 1.0 and 1.5 you could upgrade past a lvl 9, but it was only like a half a level upgrade at a time (like 500 shields & 500 armor & 50 CDs) or something like that. Lvl 9 to 10, 11, and 12, would be full upgrades, and then you start getting into the minor upgrades with lvl 12.

Or if you you went back to the original port lvl formula, it was:
# goods = 3 + lvl of port, so lvl 1 = 4 goods. I count 16 goods currently (albeit I think I'm forgetting 1 or two), so the max lvl would actually be: lvl 13 to get all 16 goods. If you added in an extra fed, and evil good to even out the tiers, it would go to lvl 15.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Restocking / Tiers of Goods

Post by Infinity »

Even worse, it's 8:1 for restocking.

As for good lvls, I thought that antibiotics were left as tier 3 good so that going evil has a slight advantage over going good.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Infinity wrote:As for good lvls, I thought that antibiotics were left as tier 3 good so that going evil has a slight advantage over going good.
This is definitely true, especially seeing as evil people can get fined, whereas good people cannot.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

So...Make it:

Tier 1
Wood
Food
Ore
Precious Metals
Books

Tier 2
Slavery
Textiles
Machinery
Circuitry
Medicine

Tier 3
Weapons
Computers
Luxury Items
Antibiotics

Tier 4
Engineered Goods
Narcotics
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Can i be the bad guy and say that i think that "Good" goods should be left out of 1.6? They have kinda ruined the advantage of going evil..What do evil players get? 3 goods and 5 ships and they cant have guns in fed. What do good players get? 3 goods, 5 ships and they can have guns in fed. Good people get more advantages...Why?

Or atleast get rid of antibiotics (not just make it a tier 3 good while have tier 4 narcs). Saying narcs is tier 4 is an advantage is great..except that if its tier 4, jack all ports will stock it, therefore its not much of an advantage..

So yea, i would propose

Tier 3
Comps
Lux
Narcs

Tier 4
Eng Goods
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

The way that I understand it is evil players can trade all evil goods and all good goods except the two top good goods. While good players can not trade any evil goods. So the evil players already have an advantage.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I agree with Kah. I haven't gone evil in 1.5 because there was no point of it for me. I used to go evil all the time because of the trading advantage, and then I'd have to miss out on using Fed ships. Now, I go good. I don't hunt, so why bother getting the evil ships? And the "good" goods are just as useful as the evil ones, so why bother?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Freon22 wrote:The way that I understand it is evil players can trade all evil goods and all good goods except the two top good goods. While good players can not trade any evil goods. So the evil players already have an advantage.
No - Evil players can trade normal goods plus the 3 evil goods. Good players can trade normal goods plus the 3 good goods.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I really, REALLY, hate to say it, and please kids, don't try this at home, but I agree with Kah.

The original idea was that evil people could trade more goods because it is contraband: they get fined when being caught with these goods when found at a port check, which balances out trading evils at the start of the game. There is absolutely NO reason why evil people should not be able to trade "good" goods.

1.5 did not only go wrong by introducing good goods, but also by removing the port check. That also had the consequence that alignment change became way too easy.

In my opinion, the upgrade system should be changed to link certain goods to other ones. For example, engineering goods (if not taken out) should depend on machinery and circuitry, Luxury should depend on precious metals. It is a bit strange for your supply of weapons to go up when food is traded at your port. However, please let's go back to how it was (balanced) and work form there. Like kah said.

I think I'll go wash my mouth now.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

And be thorough :P

Ya, I agree with Kah too.
Use The Force(s)!