SMR 1.6 and News Letters

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

SMR 1.6 and News Letters

Post by Freon22 »

I am bring this here because I think it is a very important part of the Admin controls. If smr 1.0 and smr 1.5 never had a email page coded then I think this problem should be fixed in 1.6. I just can not believe that the emails only purpose in the game is to verify that the email address is a real address.

Every online game sends out mass emails to their users. You don't have to send out everyweek but once a month or the starting of new games.

btw: Infinity I don't care for the chat room thing. Never cared to sit in a room for hours.
Last edited by Freon22 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: SMR 1.6 and News Letters

Post by Baalzamon »

the newsletter is something sent out using DB. The only people with access to that list are Spock and Azool. Not BOB, not Page, not me, no one else on the admin team.

The last couple newsletters have been sent out by me using the WB E-mail list. That list is not as effective, and the e-mail system is not as nice, but its what I had to work with.

We know newsletters are needed, as well as the fact that they should be sent out more then once in a blue moon, and we're working on it, but its not something that is easily done right at this moment in time.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I agree with Spock not just giving access to to all admin to send out mass emails. If someone got mad they could cause lots of problems with mass emails. But I think and I feel Spock would agree Bob over the years has proven he can be trusted.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote:the newsletter is something sent out using DB. The only people with access to that list are Spock and Azool. Not BOB, not Page, not me, no one else on the admin team.
I think Spock is the only one with access to the old e-mail list, 1.5 email list I can access, but it would be extremely hard for me to mass email those (1.5 doesn't have the function to do so)
Classic has the ability to send newsletter, and that is something that will be in 1.6 as well, but it will obviously only work with the people that sign up for those games.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

btw: Infinity I don't care for the chat room thing. Never cared to sit in a room for hours.
You may not care about the chat room, but I care about the communication in the beta team. Successful communication does not start with "I don't care". As much as I and probably other beta team members often find your input on certain matters valuable, you are missing a lot of information, which is clearly visible by many of your posts on the web-board. The bugtracker has made things easier for your "I don't care" attitude, however, if other members CARE to sit in the chat, exchange ideas and difficulties, I don't see one reason why would you be tolerated for not being there, and it has been tolerated for quite a long time. None of us should have special treatment, we are all equal in this.

Now please, #smr-beta, one IRC client surely doesn't take too much RAM, CPU time or what ever else there is that's stopping you.
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Infinity I do have to watch my words better. I don't care was not what I met, its I don't like chat. I don't have chat program here on my home computer, I do have it at the office. But I think you can understand that I can't always sit all day at work in chat. But I will try at work for now on. Now if that is not good enough for you then do whatever you have to do.

This thread is not about if I am in chat or not in chat. Its about news letters, I edited the comment so let you know about me being in chat. Not to change this thread topic.