1.6 ship list (my own not official)

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

1.6 ship list (my own not official)

Post by Blade »

It's on a spreadsheet, 2 tabs one 1.5 old ship list and 1.5 the only thing I did not do is change the alien ships.

Enjoy!!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... _YEGwta7cQ

Bold ships on 1.6 tab are new or modified
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: 1.6 ship list (my own not official)

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, this is just a modified version of the 1.5 list, if it is modified at all, cause I am hard-pressed to find changes. Ship price has not increased at all.

Did you include the wrong file?
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

NVM, problem with my browser, it shows only the first tab. Tried it in another one and I can see the new list now.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

k, then here we go for real:

First, i think the prices are an elemntal part of the ship list, but yours doesn't have any yet.

Alskant:

I like that they now have a raider. Alskant shouldn't have a hunter, but a raider is great. I wouldn't give it an IG though, or it'll be used for hunting. Give it some speed instead, so it can protect trader routes.
The cargo holds improvement is good, but don't combine it with more shields and armor. I'm okay with alskant having something better than the PSF, but it should not be safer to trade in one.

Creonti:

I know nothing changed here, but I always disliked that higher level Creonti ships have both more armor and more shields, whereas I think higher level ships should have the same characteristics as lower level ones: in this case give them more armor, but not more shields.

Human:

Nothing changed here either, but the Prometheus is a joke. For anyone with some skills in using mines in combat, this is a far better ship than the Hercules.
Prometheus should get less mines, say 150, and Hercules more, say 100.

Ikky:

I think the higher level ikky ships have far too few benefits compared to other races. To compare: Human top ship has 400 defense and 75 cd's more than the destroyer, Ikky top ship has 100 defense less and only 150 cd's more, less speed, less mine and only 1 HP more.

Salvene, Thevian and WQ: fine

Fed and evil ships: Looks good too with one ship gone

All in all, i am surprised how few modificatons you've made and I would have made them compared to the classic list.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I gave creating a new ship list another try, you'll find it at http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... xWAzlPWmcg.

The most important things I changed:

I repriced the ships. Prices are now much higher, so the lower ships will actually be used, also by larger alliances. The main objection to this is that the start of the game is harder, mainly for newbies. But a slower start would also mean fewer drained ports, less hunters etc.

I reduced the number of ships per race to 5 and strengthened the racial characteristics.

I highly reduced the total number of ships, so that all ships that are sold will actually be used.

I included three columns of prices, the second and third column are just 0.8 and 0.6 times the price in column one.

The changes in detail:

Alskant: I have emphasized the Alskants trading power. They now have 4 traders and 1 raider. The free ship has slightly more cargo holds than the other free ships, the Trip-Maker is the starting trader, the Deep-spacer is the jump ship, which distinguishes itself from the IST by price and speed. The Peace-Keeper is the new Alskant raider, and the Trade Master is still the top racial. It is now considerably better than the PSF, but more expensive.

Creonti: The medium cargo Hulk is still the free ship, its shields and armor slightly changed towards armor. The Leviathan is the starting trader, the Titan a not particularly good hunter, but because of its armor it is resistant to other hunters. The Devastator is the same as it is now and I have added the Behemoth, which is very slow, but even bigger than the devastator.

Human: Humans have a bit of everything: trader, hunter, utility and raider. I reduced the number of mines for all ships, so also for humans, but they still have the most mines.

Ik'thorne: The ikky ships are hunters and raiders. I have added a new ship, the Cannibal, that has a DS, so it can easily kill fellow ikky ships. The Hive is an extremely powerful ship with 600 cd's, but it is extremely slow.

Salvene: Not much changed, but I have added a top racial called the Tech-master, which is weak but carries all technology.

Thevian: I have made Thevian more of a hunting race by giving it 3 hunters. The Bounty hunter is very powerful, but very weak and will do good vs traders, but is no match for other hunters or mines. The top racial, the Assassin, is now the game's best hunter.

WQ Human: They are also a bit of everything, but all ships have cloak.

Nijarin: I emphasized the Nijarins number of weapons. The ships are weak overall, but powerful. The top racial is the David, which does well against ports and planets, with its defense and the DS, but it is not too powerful.

Neutral: I highly reduced the number of ships, and kept a few per ship class, for different prices. The main addition is the Entrepeneur, which is a weak version of the PSF, but with more holds, so the risk is higher, but so are the gains.

Fed&Evil: I added a ship, so they both have 4 now. I strengthen the trading characteristic of the traders for both alignments and added an evil trader. The rest of the ships are pretty much the same, though I renamed the Asssassin to Bandit and made it stronger.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I like it very much overall, my main problems are 1)alskant has a raider that can actually compare to others. If its going to have one, it should be a weaker one that can hold up on low-med port raids, but isn't much use in a lvl 9 bust or a PB. 2) An ikky ship with DS. No. Nijarin was made to beat out Ikky ships, and its tech stays with them. There are no Neutral ships with DS, so why should the Ik'thorne, the natural enemies of the Nijarin, be able to get their hands on it? No way.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I take that back, I have more problems

Bandit and Chimera, also should not have DS

Salvene Tech Master? No way, cloak, illusion, jump, and DS....ya, no.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, from Kiky's reaction in chat I take it that this ship list is going into the trash anyway, so I think it's of more use if people say what they like about the list, so we can include it in future versions.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Ya, just read the logs, and I agree with everything kiky said regarding it, I hadn't looked at it too closely before.

I like the increased cost of everything, which should, in theory, make all the ships used more, although I doubt that will happen.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

If anyone else wants the logs, they can be read here - http://pastebin.com/f714fa4fd
Use The Force(s)!