Re: Good/Evil

Post by Baalzamon »

I disagree Kah.

hahaha I'm kidding.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Kahless_ wrote:I'm sorry - but i still dont see why we are trying to weaken evil. In 1.5 good is overpowered. We are developing 1.6 which is going to be integrating 1.5 ideas, not "classic" ideas.

We need to get it clear which version is being discussed. Freon is talking about 1.0, me and everyone else is talking about 1.5/1.6..I'm impressed, we cant even agree which version to disagree about.
Have you been on beta at all since it switched to 1.6?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Its my understanding that 1.6 is based off of 1.0. But is going to incorporate some of the functionality from 1.5. So did I missed something here Kahless. We are talking about good/evil for 1.6 not 1.5 not 1.0. We only use 1.5 and 1.0 as a base for how it works now in 1.5 and how it worked in the pass in 1.0.

When we start talking about removing the Good only goods or making it so that evil can also trade those good, then we are talking about a change. I am all for leaving Good only goods from 1.5 in 1.6, but no one want that. So if we change it back to the way it was in 1.0 then we have the problem of most players picking Evil over Good because of the trade, exper and profit benefits that going Evil gets again.

Why do you think Good only goods was put into 1.5 in the first place? Its because Good/Evil was un-balanced in 1.0 and Azool tryed to fix that in 1.5. But the fix didn't work, so the idea from everyone here is :B.O.B.: lets just put it back to how it was before. "I play evil anyway"

So am I on the right track, or is everyone just pretending that they don't see the problem with how it was in smr 1.0?
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Page wrote: Have you been on beta at all since it switched to 1.6?
Nope - Don't think thats really important here though. I'm working off what ive read. 1.6 is a re-written 1.0. The plan is to integrate 1.5 ideas into the 1.6. I'm trying to show that "Good" goods can not be brought into 1.6 in the same way they appear in 1.5 because if they do then "Good" becomes too powerful.

If the beta team decides that evil is overpowered in 1.0(and ergo 1.6), then i'm trying to convey the fact that Azool's "solution" is not a solution, it just creates a different problem.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Kahless_ wrote:If the beta team decides that evil is overpowered in 1.0(and ergo 1.6), then i'm trying to convey the fact that Azool's "solution" is not a solution, it just creates a different problem.
Well I don't think most if any save myself think that Evil in 1.0 was unbalanced. If they did I would not have to fight so hard to get my point across. But I do agree with you that Azools solution to fix the unbalance did not work.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

With all respect, all of Azool's ideas were poorly thought through and even if he would have managed to get one thing right, the vast number of changes screwed everything up. Good goods weren't a fix to the evil/good balance, because that didn't need to be fixed. Yes, Freon, you still haven't gotten your point across.

Good goods, like Alien technology and ship upgrades serve no single purpose, other than that they are fun and helped a lot of vets to beat their SMR addiction. Yes, all those ideas were cool, but we shouldn't put them in because they are cool without considering their effect. If something from 1.5 doesn't work, then we shouldn't try to fix it: we can just leave it out. Like we should do with Good goods.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok Edge I see a problem with Good/Evil in smr 1.0 and in smr 1.5.

Now if we adopt the way Good/Evil was in 1.0 for 1.6 I feel its going to be a problem. I feel we are going to go backward to were almost everyone is going to go evil. But I don't want to keep beating a dead horse, so I will make a poll thread to see how everyone feel. If everyone feels that the Good/Evil from 1.0 is find the way it was then I will drop my argument for a change.