Good/Evil

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Good/Evil

Post by Freon22 »

Ok Edgecrusher for the record you did not say evil is overpowered :roll: I think a better word is unbalanced.

If the Good goods are taken away or changed so that evil players can also trade them. I think the pentily for trading evil goods should be increased so that if evil goods are found on your ship not only do you have to pay a fine but it should cost you Exper. The fine price should be higher, and the random search should be increased not by to much. To many random searches would make building your Good align to easy so a small increase.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Good/Evil

Post by Freon22 »

Sorry had to leave before I could finish.

I think the searching system should be changed. How it is now you enter the port then there is a random chance of your ship being searched. I think it should be when you make the trade then there is a random chance that the evil goods are found by the feds. The profits that you would have gotten for the trade should be the fine. Also the exper you would have gotten from the trade is what the exper pentily you lose.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Prob is that fed was made to figth evil and keep it away....no way in heck they can do that now...
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, as I said earlier, the FU is the only ship I am afraid of when I'm in a DC. That says something. Well, there is this thing called a bounty. Evil people should get them, and only good people are able to claim them. The only thing i would change is that you should have to be good at the time of the kill to be able to claim the bounty, not only at the time of claiming it. Pirates who kill eachother while hunting the same trader should not later be able to claim a bounty for it.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Quick Idea:

Yes - Increase searches.
Counterbalance: You only lose alignment if you have evil goods, and you only gain alignment if you have fed goods on you. Neutral goods get you nothing.

Next make it so the amount of alignment you gain/lose is based on total goods. Reason: If you increased searches, it'd be easy to keep 1 fed / 1 evil good on you at all times to gain alignment every time you got searched.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Kahless_ wrote:One other thing that everyone seems to be forgetting...

The HHG is the best weapon in the game. Nuke, well that can be substituted for a CBD no probs, but trying to get bang for your buck on shield damage, HHG just cant be equaled.

Oh yea, and also, Good players can be president..Evil players can't..Like i've said, theres plenty of advantages to going good, its just that very few people use them(or even think they are an advantage(see HHG and parking in fed with drones)). Oh yea, and good players can park with their goods in fed..Evil cant..kinda unfair? Why doesnt the underground HQ have a whole heap of "Evil Beacons" where everything is reversed..I mean, if good players get it, why shouldn't evil players?

This is like affirmative action. The pendulum effect in action. We've ended apparteid but we haven't ended the discrimination...
I actually like the idea of an evil beacons (not as many as the fed beacons but definitely have some, at least around the UG).
Reason for this: In any major city corrupted with crime, there are places where the cops just won't go.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Bob, have you been following the discussion on good goods? The idea is to make a distinction between evil and good but NOT by copying the ideas. Being able to sleep in fed with guns on you is something that is reserved for good people, why would we duplicate that for evil people?

I think Kah was being cynical when he suggested evil beacons.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Evil beacons were something that I was surprised SMR didn't have when I came to it from SM. But I think not having them is a good idea.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

SM didn't have Evil beacons. I should say it did not have evil beacons before it shut down the first time. I heard that when they re-started the game, they added lots of cheats to the game. If you pay you can cheat type of thing.

Now back to topic having evil beacons would just add another reason to go evil and not good.
Freon22 wrote:I think the searching system should be changed. How it is now you enter the port then there is a random chance of your ship being searched. I think it should be when you make the trade then there is a random chance that the evil goods are found by the feds. The profits that you would have gotten for the trade should be the fine. Also the exper you would have gotten from the trade is what the exper pentily you lose.
Having a chance of losing exper would help to even out the good/evil.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I'm sorry - but i still dont see why we are trying to weaken evil. In 1.5 good is overpowered. We are developing 1.6 which is going to be integrating 1.5 ideas, not "classic" ideas.

We need to get it clear which version is being discussed. Freon is talking about 1.0, me and everyone else is talking about 1.5/1.6..I'm impressed, we cant even agree which version to disagree about.