Good/Evil Poll

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Do you feel that Good/Evil in SMR 1.0 was Unbalanced?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 10

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Good/Evil Poll

Post by Freon22 »

If we use Good/Evil from SMR 1.0 in SMR 1.6. I think that like before most players will go Evil because of the bonuses that Evil gets. The way that Evil could trade both Good goods and Evil goods was a extremely large advantage that only has the risk of having to pay a fine.

1. I feel that Evil should also risk losing exper points during the trade of evil goods.

OR

2. That if someone picks Evil then they can never become Good during that game round. The best they could hope for is becoming neutral.

In the pass it has been way to easy to start up evil then change align to good, there by having the best of both worlds. Start evil make the money, get the exper level, then hit some ports to change align, now you can get HHG, and the great FU. LOL
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Good/Evil Poll

Post by Freon22 »

So far only 6 votes. Everyone who has access to this forum needs to vote. If you don't vote you can complain later. I made this poll simple its a yes / no so if you haven't voted click a yes or no vote.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I didn't vote.

Honestly, I am not sure. I mostly go evil (mostly have went evil) in both games. In classic, it's because of narcs - more routes, more money, Nuke on my Fury for clearing. In 1.5, it's because of the DC and narcs, again, then I have 2 tier4 goods to trade - more money. However, I'd either have a Nij president in my alliance to keep vetoing all peace offers, or, as in classic now, I'd go green my self when I see the need of doing so.

Now that I have said this, I'm even more confused.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

For a long time I awlays went evil in Classic, I have a couple of things that make me consider going good, mainly the HHG, the other being the distance of UG, however it has a pretty long losing streak now..
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well there are 7 votes, is that all of us? If so that makes it about a 50/50 vote. Not enough to ask Page for a change.

But I would like to ask Page that during your coding if you could keep in mind that Good/Evil may need to be changed in the future.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

8 votes now. You know my opinion: if you think that evil/good is unbalanced, then you have never really tried to make use of all the advantaged good has to offer. If you want to increase the number of times you are checked at a port, then couple it to ship. For example, the Thief should not be checked at all, whereas the PSF could be checked more often.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Prob is most people go evil... most vets..as they know its best... so they are not going to vote to change what they like...