Turns Vs SC

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Turns Vs SC

Post by Blade »

Seems a lot of people want 1.6 with turns.

Ship condition is a subject most people bring up when asked whats the worse thing in 1.5
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Turns Vs SC

Post by Infinity »

I don't even know yet which of the 1.5 stuff will be in 1.6, let alone figure out how would turns fit into that. I'd reconsider turns, but I gotta know what for will it be used in the game to have even vague idea about it.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Infinity wrote:I don't even know yet which of the 1.5 stuff will be in 1.6, let alone figure out how would turns fit into that. I'd reconsider turns, but I gotta know what for will it be used in the game to have even vague idea about it.
Quoted for emphesis
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

if it does end up being turns, the speed of the game probably will have to go to 2.0 at least to compensate for all the things
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Ship condition is a monster. The idea is nice, but has not been worked out enough by far to be any competition for turns. If we want SC, then we'll have to develop it from scratch if you ask me, maybe run it alongside turns for a while first.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:Ship condition is a monster. The idea is nice, but has not been worked out enough by far to be any competition for turns. If we want SC, then we'll have to develop it from scratch if you ask me, maybe run it alongside turns for a while first.
This is what I also think, it also needs a better name because ship condition tries to fit in roleplay and fails miserably (turns doesn't even try so gets away with it :P )
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I have always like the name Fuel Cells. Each ship uses fuel at a different rate. Big ships use fuel faster then smaller ships.

If you are going to allow players to re-fuel their ships then you need to increase the cost of fuel each time they buy fuel. You may even want to put a whole game max on the amount of fuel that can be bought within a 24 hour period. There by increasing the cost based on how much fuel is available for sell within the game in that 24 hour period.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Ya, fuel or energy cells would make proper sense.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Agreed fuel or maybe energy cells (this is futuristic)
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

Turns are what make SMR, SMR. I was raised on turns and I will die with turns. Without turns this game should not have the words Space Merchant in it. Becasuse it is not it, it is something new. So for SMR 1.6, I sugest using turns, also will encourage some of us to stick around.

But thats just what I think.

If you call them fuel cells, and you regenerate fuel per hour, not sometime you can easily repair or buy more of. that would be acceptable.
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC