Hunting has become too difficult

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Hunting has become too difficult

Post by Freon22 »

B.O.B. wrote:I still like the idea of having it based on level like a cloaked ship. If you're high enough level, have them always visible. Mix it in with the fade effect so that 1 hour = 1 level. So if you're lvl 50, in 1 hour, anyone lvl 49 can see it, and 2 hours anyone lvl 48 can see it, all the way down in 49 hours everyone can see it.

So you still get an advantage by being a higher level, but if you don't refresh them, others will see them after awhile.
Cool idea Bob. I think that would be more fair then just having cloaked scouts that last for 2 or 3 days that no one can see.

I still think the cost needs to be more and the amount of these scout that a ship can carry shouldd be set. If not then everyone will just use cloacked scouts, would not be any point of not because price and time is same.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, your ideas are nice, but I wonder if you are not making it too difficult. This is going to be significantly more difficult to implement than the original idea.

What I think most people are underestimating, is the HUGE benefit this idea (potentially) has for traders. With invisible scouts, hunters are much easier to detect. I don't think invisible scouts make it much easier to hunt, and that should not even be the intention: I get enough kills as it is. But invisible scouts will make hunting more dynamic and will improve the balance between hunting newbies and hunting vets.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:What I think most people are underestimating, is the HUGE benefit this idea (potentially) has for traders.
I'd have invis scouts on my routes 24/7, know every hunter who eyes it up, know whenever it's drained/not drained, etc etc
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Exactly, now that I think a bit more about this idea, I am wondering if it wouldn't make hunting *more* difficult.

Can someone delete this thread? :)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yes, it would Edge. Greatly.

And yes, I can delete this thread, but I don't want to :P
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Invisible scouts can only be purchased by hunter class ships
Conventional scouts can be purchased by all ship classes
Invisible scouts have 2/3 the expiry time as conventional scouts and cost 10,000 credits instead of 5,000 credits

_______
If we have gadgets in 1.6...

Flee! cannot be purchased by people Fledgling and above
Escape Home has a 72 hour cool down

______
Real time experience gain/loss on the CPL

______

My thoughts on screwing over traders like myself :-) Should make things fun
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Baalzamon wrote:Invisible scouts can only be purchased by hunter class ships
Yelp that will work. NOT! :lol:
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Actually I think it's a great idea. Invisible scouts would then have to be available only at CA's, whereas normal scouts would be available for traders at racial HQs.
Freon, could you be more specific as to why you think it is not a good idea?

I am getting the impression that generally people agree with the concept of invisible scouts. Of course we can discuss details, but can we move the center of gravity to the details instead of the general idea? Freon, I know you don't agree, but if my impression is right, you are overruled by the majority.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I like the way Baalz put it down, plus the idea that these can only be bought at CA... although... good traders will become nearly unkillable, but hey, we gotta be up for the challenge ;)
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Why would good traders become unkillable? First of all, they are already unkillable. Second, the only thing that changes for traders is that scouts are available at HQ. Well, good traders pick their scouts up after trading anyway, so for them not much changes.