Referral System

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Referral System

Post by Page »

I reckon it'd be good to have a referral system where you can invite others to play and get some reward when they reach X stage.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Referral System

Post by Freon22 »

I am guessing 1.6 is going to have SMR credits again? If so then thats the reward, something like 3 or 5 SMR credits. As far as at what stage I think level 20 is fair or build 20 planet levels or set x number of mines. The reason I think it best to have a few different ways to qualify is because not every new player will just trade.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Have them get above newbie status, and have it maybe something like 20 credits.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

That sound fair but it takes some new players a few games to trade out newbie status or to get their 5 kills. Thats why I suggested x exper level, or x planet level built, or x mines layed, or x kills.

By having them just get out of newbie status you would also have returning vets that would use the referral as a cheat. As soon as they joined they will contact an Admin and ask to be bumped to vet status then their friend will get the 20 SMR credits the first day.

I think your way would work as long as its set so that if a Admin bumps a newbie to vet then there is no payout. With each SMR credit equaling 1 dollar, thats 20 dollars that the game is paying out as a referral.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

"Bumping to vet" isn't getting Fledgling right away, only possibility to buy top racials and be podded by vets in racial galaxies. Rank stays as Newbie.
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Infinity wrote:"Bumping to vet" Rank stays as Newbie.
Then Bob way is the way! I was just worryed about it being abused, 20 bucks is 20 bucks and when you talk money some people will try and abuse it.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

good idea but we all know there are so many people playing more then 1 account now...that if you give points fornew players people will go to some local place with net access where they don't play there main account and set one up and get free what ever ya give for it...heck i hear there are people with 5 accounts now...when new games start seeing how they have no logs now... no way to stop somone from cheating start there main account and then use there past actions to get free stuff so they can keep up with there need to play more...
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Multi tools are back in 1.6, and I think the potential benefits outweigh the risks, it'll just give the admins more work, muahahaha!