Planets?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Planets?

Post by Freon22 »

I agree with Bob if after the weapon is installed on planet. Then if you wanted to change the weapon it would have to be destroyed. If not then the whole race Peace/War is out the door.

Want a races weapon that you are at war with? Go get it from a planet!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I like bringing back the ability to put ship weapons on planets. This would mean that you now give your planet a weapon setup, rather then 10 big weapons shooting, you think about how you want the weapons to act. Shield heavy? Armor Heavy? Balanced? Even just this small change would create such a large impact.

And ya, if you want to switch a weapon slot, you have to disassemble the weapon, causing it to be impossible to reassemble into working condition for your ship.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I also like the idea of using ship weapons on planets. But would this not make planets weaker? A turret is 250/250/ accuracy based off of planet level. Now the planets in beta has 25 turrets so would you have to build the turret platform then add the weapon? If planets are going to have 25 weapons then I don't see a problem with using weaker weapons. But I also notice in beta is attacker weapons hits for full amount of damage points not the 1/3 that it use to. Also what will the weapon accuracy be based on. If its (weapon base accuracy + planet level) or are we looking at some other formula?

Edit: Also keep in mind that when a fleet of attackers hits a planet only half of the 25 weapons will do anything if the setup is 50% shields and 50% armor. The max shields on a planet is still 100 generators and it will not take long for a fleet to cut through 10,000 shields. Hangers has been cut down to 75 so max CDs are 1,500.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Lol, people, I was kidding. See the smiley? Guess it takes a grumpy old vet to get the joke, but where is Blade when you need him?

I know it was in old SM, I was there, but I didn't think you'd actually like the idea, cause it's sort of back to basics. But if you all like ship-based weapons on planets, then we can always discuss it. The reason it was originally thrown out was that it allowed good people to load evil weaps on their ship. This can be easily prevented with a little code.

And yes, it makes planets a bit weaker, but the culprit isn't the damage, it is the accuracy. Whereas for level 70's, the accuracy is almost 100%, the accuracy did not increase for ship-based weapons. To fix that, we'd need to increase the number of weapon slots. Actually, I think letting accuracy depend on planet level is silly, instead you should be able to upgrade it with planet structures, but then we are treading into ME territory again.

Frankly, thinking of what needs to be balanced out if we reintroduce ship-based weaps on planets, I think it's not a good idea, at least not for now.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

Just have weapons upgrade on planets..
Option 1 is add acc
Option 2 would be add damage to shield damage
Option 3 would be add damage to armor damage..

So say you get the option to upgrade every 10 levels...or what ever
You could end up with planets all haveing diff setups...Some people would want armor heavy some would want a good mix, Some would go shield heavy. Never know whats on the planet till you attack it...
Acc would depend on how you want to set it to start and how you would want it to grow..

Option 4 could be add more hangers
Option 5 could be add more shields.

Base idea is have planets grow and you get research points as it gets bigger , This is if we don't go with planets working with each other like 1.5....