Automatic newbie turn?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Automatic newbie turn?

Post by Freon22 »

The way that these auotmatic newbie turns are done is not right. It looks like the auto newbie turn is tied to the user session. So when the session times out "20 min of no hits to server" or if the player clicks the Logout link the player get one newbie turn.

Very bad I hope this is not the way it is going to work. If so there will be no reason to park on planets or in fed. Just log off and you get a newbie turn. You can park with full weapons anywhere you want.

The auto newbie turn is only for when the server goes down. I read in some thread ?can't remember which one where Page said something about the auto newbie turn. I looked but could not find that thread to post in so this is reason for new thread. Also I think the auto newbie turn shoud be tied to the application session not the user session.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Automatic newbie turn?

Post by Page »

It's under the attack me thread, but it's exactly the same in classic, if everyone were to logoff for around 20-30 mins then everyone would get a newbie turn but the chances of that are very slim - in beta this obviously notices a lot more due to the fact so few people go on it.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok thats good, I was worryed. :lol:
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

I think then the question is, "how many times has a newbie turn been given out in classic, without the game actually going down", if it's zero, then 20 - 30 minutes is probably ok.

If the answer is 1 or 2 times, then either the log out time needs increaseing or a new variable for issuing the newbie turn
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

But if the game does go down for that long and people don't get given a newbie turn... Well I'd point them at you for increasing the time it has to be offline :P
It may have happened once or twice but if so it'd still be incredibly rare and people cannot count on it so it'd be very risky to make a gamble on gaining a newbie turn with risks well outweighing benefits so I don't think it'd be a problem.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Aye - if people really wanted to get themselves a newbie turn they'd probably be better off attacking the server and causing it to shut down for 20mins :D