Max turns?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Max turns?

Post by Infinity »

Ya, and with daily turns you either do a little of both, either just trade, either just excavate.

It just needs to be defined how it'll go.
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Well I am not trying to think of any negatives BUT. A large amount of max turns on a small map is bad, and no one can tell me we will not have small maps. With small maps and 600 turns you can arm from Fed, hunt, Op, Port raid, whatever.

I think Max Turns should be based on map size. Now I have not thought about a formula but maybe something like total sectors [x] / 5 = max turns
or even [x] / 6 = max turns
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yes, same thing crossed my mind too. We need to balance out opping with all other activities. For a trader/excavator even for a hunter, max turns on same speed would just mean that they could skip one day more of playing, which is a personal choice and wouldn't affect balance, but ops would be a completely different thing.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, as it stands the new map in classic will be +- 2600 sectors, and I hope that we'll be able to increase that for the first game in classic. So 2600/5 = 520 and 2600/6 is 433. Which both is higher than the current 400. I don't see where this conflicts with increasing it by 50...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Freon22 wrote:I think Max Turns should be based on map size. Now I have not thought about a formula but maybe something like total sectors [x] / 5 = max turns
or even [x] / 6 = max turns
Like I said max turns should be based on map size also like I said. I have not given a formula much thought but if there was a coded formula it could be adjusted as needed until it was balanced. Being that turn rate and max turns are two different thing, and in the game now max turns are based on turn rate. To offen players want a high turn rate, which I understand they get to play more offen. But with max turns based on turn rate they also get to play longer, which on a small map mean more mines, more money, more fed alliances.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Is it me, or you're not making the difference between speed and max turns?
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Max turns doesn't allow people to play longer. It allows people to concentrate their playing time on one day more. Which, I think, will diversify the available strategies, especially when it comes to opping and hunting. And that, I think, is something we should welcome.

But really, there is not a single need for discussion: Page suggested that we try an increase of 50 then see how it goes and if we need to increase further.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

If we had 1000 people you could keep it at 300 1.0 speed what not and have huge cpl's but right no we are around 200 active people if that... hard to keep the game active when 150 of them are out of turns in 15 min of action.. so speed goes up to get them more turns..... Max turns helps the people who can't play every day from droping way back... to the ones who can...Its as simple as that...