Max turns?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Max turns?

Post by Page »

I'd like to increase max turns for 1.6, from 400 to 600 default, this shouldn't have any effect in most cases, but people who can't play as often can build turns more so be at a slightly less disadvantage (don't think many will care one way or the other about this), but it will also allow to save more turns for ops.
It will mean people have more turns to throw around at ops, but as there's less people who play it will mean the ones still oping can be able to do more when they do op (if they choose to build turns for the extra X time).

Now to start the arguing :)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Max turns?

Post by Edgecrusher »

Discussed this with Page in chat. I think an increase in max turns is a good idea, but 200 is too much, or 300 for a 1.5 speed game.

[10:11] <@Edgecrusher> yeah, so would it be an option to increase it gradually?
[10:11] <@Edgecrusher> up the max turns by 50, then if game doesn't fall flat increase it by another 50?
[10:15] <@Page> my idea was increasing max turns, 600 was just a number I threw out
[10:16] <@Page> so doing it by smaller increments works, and is actually better
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I was thinking about the same thing.

So no arguing from me.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Infinity wrote:I was thinking about the same thing.

So no arguing from me.

Ya, pretty much.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

at the point it is now, 600 will work, but if/when excavating goes in it might need to be upped more
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Depends how we make excavating or whatever new turn-consuming activity we think of.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:at the point it is now, 600 will work, but if/when excavating goes in it might need to be upped more
Excavating is completely related to number of turns, not max turns?
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
JettJackson wrote:at the point it is now, 600 will work, but if/when excavating goes in it might need to be upped more
true but many people trade then excavate, if u max turns so much people wont excavate as trading is more important and has higher feedback than excavating
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:
Page wrote:
true but many people trade then excavate, if u max turns so much people wont excavate as trading is more important and has higher feedback than excavating
You're making the huge assumption it'll be the same as 1.5 :P
I thought we were planning to separate excavating and trading as separate paths (with roughly equivalent rewards)
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

well excavating is going to be revamped, and we can work with it in regards to whatever the turn cap is when we get to that.

Back to talking about the max turn increase, I have been reading this thread, and I've been trying to think of a negative to it, and I fail to see one. Of course, I've been up for 72 hours now and am still going, so I could be wrong.