Newbies fix

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Re: Newbies fix

Post by B.O.B. »

I'd like to see anyone who is rank "Newbie" get 500 newbie turns after each death. And anyone ranked "Beginner" get 300 newbie turns after each death, and everyone else the standard 100.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

^^^ that could be a nice fix too except if there is a newbie spy account
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

JettJackson wrote:^^^ that could be a nice fix too except if there is a newbie spy account
True, but if someone were to use 500 newbies and die in a newbie spy account, and then do it again for another 500 times, it'd be a dead give away to a multi.

Besides that, if someone makes a newbie spy account, and knows where they are heading, they are going to need more than the initial 500 in my opinion.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

B.O.B. wrote:
JettJackson wrote:^^^ that could be a nice fix too except if there is a newbie spy account
True, but if someone were to use 500 newbies and die in a newbie spy account, and then do it again for another 500 times, it'd be a dead give away to a multi.

Besides that, if someone makes a newbie spy account, and knows where they are heading, they are going to need more than the initial 500 in my opinion.
that is true but that was the only feasible problem i could see so i had to bring it up
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

People can get 2 shots per second, but if I'm not mistaken there is a delay in 1.6, Edge tested it. Right?

Also, if you implement Kah's idea of dmg decrease depending on player under attack rank, takes more than 2-3 shots to take down the ship, say...5, 6, even more if we balance it out properly.

I wanted to say something else too, but got distracted.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yeah, we tested it in beta and it is still possible to get two shots a second, but much more difficult: I could only manage it with Page sitting still.

i wasn't really involved in this discussion, but I don't see the problem in killing newbies? Newbies drain routes, ping scouts and so on, so I should be able to kill them. The only thing we don't want to do is to discourage them from playing. So apart from giving them 500 turns, I would also suggest giving them the entire worth of the ship they lost instead of just a quarter, so they can buy a new one without a problem.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Infinity wrote:People can get 2 shots per second, but if I'm not mistaken there is a delay in 1.6, Edge tested it. Right?
Edge just helped me get some numbers on the fastest it's possible to shoot (I also tried and was almost identical in speed), so that I could choose a delay that no human will notice but an attack script will - I've also left the speed logging in so that anyone who uses an attack script should be easily detected (they'll have consistently faster than humanly possible speeds..)

The main/only reason beta would seem slower to fire is because beta is just a slower server
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Edgecrusher wrote:Yeah, we tested it in beta and it is still possible to get two shots a second, but much more difficult: I could only manage it with Page sitting still.

i wasn't really involved in this discussion, but I don't see the problem in killing newbies? Newbies drain routes, ping scouts and so on, so I should be able to kill them. The only thing we don't want to do is to discourage them from playing. So apart from giving them 500 turns, I would also suggest giving them the entire worth of the ship they lost instead of just a quarter, so they can buy a new one without a problem.
I like this idea, even give them say 1 or 2 free NMVs after they die, (but not fully stocked).
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.