Custom CSS

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Custom CSS

Post by Page »

You can now add a custom css link under preferences in beta, feel free to play around with it.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Custom CSS

Post by Freon22 »

Cool! So I can link an external css? I think I have one that will work the the video site that Spock lets me run. I will have to wait until monday to look and see where it is. LOL If this works and I have the time I may work on a few css sheets and put them out there for all to use if they want.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:Cool! So I can link an external css? I think I have one that will work the the video site that Spock lets me run. I will have to wait until monday to look and see where it is. LOL If this works and I have the time I may work on a few css sheets and put them out there for all to use if they want.
That'd be cool, I can also put them on the SMR server and create a dropdown list for "official" ones so that it's easier for people.
Also you can use a "file://c://css.css" style link to point to a css file that's on your own computer which will mean you can do save/refresh and not have to upload again everytime.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

When I was talking to Kiky about this she brought up the fact that this could quite possibly be used to try and gain an advantage, for example putting the attack button at the top and making very big (it's possible although would take some pretty painful css I believe).

Obviously we were completely agreed that this was bad. However it's perfectly possible to replace the css with many browsers already (Firefox has an addon for it, Safari has the capability by default), so all it does is make it slightly more accessible and (imo) more likely to be used to make a nicer looking interface than if it was done via the browser options.

Basically it could be abused, but it can be just as easily abused as it is
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Just put the style for the attack button in the button. This way you can't over ride it, inline style is first.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:Just put the style for the attack button in the button. This way you can't over ride it, inline style is first.
It is normally, but if the user chooses to override it with a browser option then I'm fairly sure that comes before even inline styles.
I know the left/centre/right is done inline, although the general styling (to make the layout consistent) is css.

But if it means we get a prettier looking SMR I think that benefits things a lot rather than attempting to stop something that can't really be stopped (and attack times are monitored so it's possible to look for cheaters that way)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I am much like you where graphic design is not my thing. But I think I have a good hold on how SMR css is setup. Anyone who would want to change the css styles will first have to identify the ids and classes in the html. A few years ago I did make a new css file, I was just playing around. So tomorrow I will download the current beta css file and will comment it so it can be more easily changed. I will look at the Halloween layout I did and see if it is still current with the one on beta.

I like the idea of being able to attach my own css file, I can now play with one and see how it looks in the game. Which is a nice stepup from having to download the full page and view it onw my computer. Your idea of maybe having a dropdown option for the css is a good idea also if myself and someothers could come up with 6 to 12 css files. The users that know nothing about css would have some options available to them.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

These are the two original css files that get used (not 100% on the ie_specific offhand but fairly sure it is used) that I use. The ones the browser loads have been compressed to speed up page loads/reduce size etc.
ie_specific.css
default.css
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Infinity wrote:
Should be fixed now, hadn't tried using attachments before