What does 1.6 still need to go Live?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

What does 1.6 still need to go Live?

Post by RCK »

Is there anything that needs done before 1.6 goes live? Like testing or improvements or anything?

Was talking to spock today and he agreed with me (and i discussed this with page before) that we should switch to 1.6 completely after the current round ends.

So, does anything need tested before that? Game ends aug 6th.

-RCK
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: What does 1.6 still need to go Live?

Post by Freon22 »

I would like to see 1.6 go live. Page has done a lot of hard work and he should see that work being used. But then he is also the only one who can say if he thinks it is ready for the live server. Maybe run classic and 1.6 at the sametime just incase some unknown bugs comes up.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

after the current round 1.6 will more then likely go live and classic will be taken offline though that is not for sure yet.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I believe that everything works there, and currently, except for the anon forces everything is just the same as in classic.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

There are a few small differences but nothing particularly major.
There may still be some bugs but they're the ones that are only going to appear when there's lots of people doing stuff at once, so it needs to make the move for those to even be found (assuming they exist).
The only thing that needs a little more testing is the custom css/bbcode stuff, but that shouldn't be game breaking (and appears to be fine so far), just needs people to try and purposely break it (custom css you have to manage to break it for others or make it so you can't sensibly fix it :P - could just add a reset everything to defaults button as well)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

custom css is more a user side thing really, so cant necessarily be broken from a server side/game play point of view.

as for the bbcode, i havnt even figured that out :)

but then i havnt looked.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

RCK wrote:custom css is more a user side thing really, so cant necessarily be broken from a server side/game play point of view.
Well if they manage to change everyone else's css or something crazy like that it'd be a problem, or if it kept resetting to something weird, etc. However I don't think any of those are the case. You can use it to break things for yourself but there is a warning.
RCK wrote:as for the bbcode, i havnt even figured that out :)
Basically just [ color=red ] some red text [ /color ] and all that sort of stuff, need to try and make url by default be in a different window, if we want them clickable at all? (can disable parsing of [ url ] tags)