Where are the admins?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Where are the admins?

Post by Infinity »

I am posting this deliberately here, away from the public, cause it's a sensitive and in a way internal matter. Being a beta team member I feel as a part of SMR staff, and I need to ask this question.

Where are the admins?

We need authority in the game. We need someone to officially migrate the IRC rooms, to ban me for swearing in globals and bypassing word filter in PMs... This is trivial, but you know what I mean.

Where are you people?
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Where are the admins?

Post by Page »

Well I stay out of it unless I need to because it's just not worth the effort, I have to deal with anything code related as it is without adding to it :P

The others I'm not completely sure about.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

kiky brings up a good point, i havent heard any from admins in ages
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I've been bogged down by midterms for the past week, the campus internet was down (which is why I just got your facebook message kiky), and now that its back up, i'm trying to be as active as I can.

The IRC issue is something that we can't just resolve as we wish to. We need Page to switch the link in game to another applet, we need to get Spock's OKs on the network we choose, and we need to talk to the server admins of that server to let them know what's going on.

Kiky, PM me about your ban....
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I need an applet link to point to, seeing as it was you who announced we'd changed and everything without even running the feasibility past me I think it should be your job to sort out, however as that's obviously not going to happen I'm glad that RCK is looking into it (I barely have time to code atm let alone clean up after you)
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I announced we'd changed because VJ 8) up, and because of it, we could no longer run SMR from VJ's server. This isn't a "Baalzamon 8) Up Again" scenerio, so don't give me that :D. And this is nothing to be discussed here. Read the logs on the admin forum if you are unclear on what happened.

RCK and I had chosen a server, irc.coldfront.net That was decided before my midterms, an applet was found for it, although it wasn't a great applet, and RCK was supposed to talk to Spock about that one as opposed to EFNet.

Back on topic:
I explained why I was inactive, and how I'm trying to fix that. If someone has more problems with my activity, feel free to PM me about it. Or hell, facebook me. Half the people who can see this forum have me friended on there anyway.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

I'll admit ive been inactive of late, but im trying to open my own business so alot of my time is going into that atm. that being said, i did mean to ban you for swearing kinky i just forgot about it.

As for the IRC issues, Im trying to get in touch with coldfront admins (baalz u might be better off doing that) to get permission/exception for multiple irc connections from the SMR server (so we can use our own applet)

-RCK
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

RCK, you're not inactive, I see you every day, problem is you don't have all privilegies.

EFNet is out of question cause of their retarded rules (no auto-reconnecting clients, no possibility of claiming back a chat room that has been taken over by someone etc.). I hope you read rules on the other server before deciding.

Anyway, either get going, either get help in the admin team. This looks really bad :/

I didn't meant to blame anyone for anything, of course, just to see whats going on.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:RCK, you're not inactive, I see you every day, problem is you don't have all privilegies.

EFNet is out of question cause of their retarded rules (no auto-reconnecting clients, no possibility of claiming back a chat room that has been taken over by someone etc.). I hope you read rules on the other server before deciding.

Anyway, either get going, either get help in the admin team. This looks really bad :/

I didn't meant to blame anyone for anything, of course, just to see whats going on.
kiky it has nothing to do with blame, facts are facts we see who is on when and how often, heck has anyone seen nariis in any time? i mean like kiky im not in the business of calling out people but it would be nice to see admins around, at this point i just go straight to page to get things done cus he is the only one on, and it shouldnt be the case
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Let me pipe in here a little. I am on a county board its the "Codes Review and Appeals Board" even thro our sits are appointed by the County Board of Commissioners and we have to donate our time. (We get paid nothing) If we miss more then three meeting we are removed from the board.

I think all of the Admin are aware at the time that they accept the job of Admin. That they should maintain somewhat of an active time within the game and on the webboard. I see nothing wrong with an admin saying "hey I have some personal things to take care of for a few weeks" But if an Admin can not log into the game and read the webboard once in a while then that admin should be removed and another one placed.

You asked about nariis, I seen her on the webboard about a week ago. But as far as in the game I can't tell who is or is not an administrator. Now if there is some type of a icon that shows by their game name saying "Hey I am an admin" then I have not never seemed an admin in the game. btw: an icon for admin is not a bad idea, atlease new players would see someone that they could ask questions of.