Where are the admins?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Re: Where are the admins?

Post by Page »

The people who contact me tend to get very quick responses as although I don't play regularly (been getting home anywhere between around 19:30 and 20:00 recently) I do log in and reply to all bug reports/personal messages, as well as being fairly active on here :P
In terms of tags I do believe they're already coded in - just no easy way to give them to people. I'll have a look at the database to see how it's done and if they actually work
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page sounds good, any chances all the admins can get the same tools so we can all look after things instead of having to say 'i cant do that, goto such and such"
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Infinity wrote:Guys, it's not about tags in game or anything... *sigh*... I know you all have good will and everything, but it would be really great if it could be shown a bit more in the game. I mean... I am online really a lot and I had the feeling that you all have completely disappeared from the face of the Earth, even tho I know very well how to find you.

Ok, I feel a little better here, there's response actually, so I guess it's not all that bad.
No problem gets left unoticed or players emails un answered, being a small game players also have some responsability to help new players, (it's why the Newbie leader was given to the players and not run by admin) Your lucky you know who the admins are in SMR, most games admin are hidden and no one knows who they are, and have 24 hour response times for queries, yes we all have RL, you play WoW or something and you expect top notch service, I think the staff do a good job here, we do have active staff, RCK is about alot, as is Page for any bug query.

Players have more bearing on how a game is "run" than the admins do, admins are more for the behind the scenes stuff, the face of the game is the general joes of the game, how they play, interact and welcome new players.

History of SMR admins and player problems was down to lack of activity and we are actively running the game, most people got sick of multi's running around money stealing or port stocking - multi's are quickly dealt with. Over power ships are no longer in game, as they are closely monitored. The messages sent are also monitored, if you say a swear word the auto fitler will kick in and has done, but we will not action a filtered word, we will only action it if someone bypasses the fiilter in global, and I have only seen a few (they have been warned and given points) as for PM's I already stated people have to report them for us to see and take action on.

So in honestly it is only down to people saying we dont play, or dont check the game, but that is said because you dont see us. I can assure you everything is running and being checked, infact we have more checks now than we did a year ago.

If I am honest, we give a better service than the likes of WoW, who can take an age to get back to you when you have a problem and you never really "SEE" these admins, they just write you an email. Thats a service you pay for, SMR is free.

So give us some slack, if multi's start running riot, the game is down 50% of the time, people are swearing like troopers or generally breaking rules and no action is taken that justifies a question mark on the admins shoulders. But they dont. Infact I have not seen a hate thread in a long time..... that has to be a good sign...maybe it's a bad sign lol
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

think the lack of hate threads is a lack of players ;)

though im not complaining :P

anyway, have to fix my car... again
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Blade wrote: SMR is free.

So give us some slack, if multi's start running riot, the game is down 50% of the time, people are swearing like troopers or generally breaking rules and no action is taken that justifies a question mark on the admins shoulders. But they dont. Infact I have not seen a hate thread in a long time..... that has to be a good sign...maybe it's a bad sign lol
I thnk Infinity starting this thread was a very good thing. I am glad he did the thread in beta but if you look you will see he started this thread on 10/8 now Page posted back the same day. While I see him as being an admin I am not sure if he is or isn't one. But the first game Admin that posted was Baalzamon and that wasn't until 10/13.

So you see this questioning thread is a good thing I for one want to see and hear the Admin once in a while. You guys seem to be doing a good job just once in a while lift up and say "here I am if you have any questions". But from the responses as of late from the Admin team it looks like all is well. :D
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I dont tend to look at beta stuff now and it was Baalz who pointed this thread out, and our beautiful Infinity is a she gal Mr Freon :)
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I knew there were a few girls here a bout. Anyway I am glad she started this thread and I am glad some of the Admins team members have responsed to it. :D
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

and in my defense....college midterms > checking SMR boards when there hasn't been an issue in ages.

As I stated before, smrcnn loads when my browser loads, and I check it on a daily basis. The only exception to that is when I'm busy with school (ie midterms and finals)

And as a wow player, I can tell you, SMR Admin feedback is 10000000x better then WoW GM feedback...there you have to submit a ticket and sit around for hours waiting for them to get to you in the line of problems, because if you logout, your ticket is dropped. SMR, you submit your problem, do w/e it is you have to do, and 90% of the time, you'll have feedback by the time you're back.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Good, good, you're all here :)

And thanks for approving my image after over a month :P
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

oh ya, you asked me to approve it as soon as you put it up and i forgot about it...sorry kiky...the album is one thing i tend to forget about.