Planets

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Azool
SMR Coder

Planets

Post by Azool »

Planets are in and ready to be tested. They are far from done (as you will see) and just need basic testing for now.

Also, we will need to discuss some values. You will see everything on the planet page has similar requirements [thanks copy/paste], these are just dummy values and we need to find some decent ones so we can start discussing and testing their use.

Getting these values is the main priority right now, but also try to start some buildings, start some production and such too. Remember that most of the features are still not in, so you may get text that says they started, but nothing changes, this is okay, just make sure you don't get successful text if you don't have enough resources and similar errors.

Sector 1 has an 'admin' planet that can build everything, so check that for the most options. Also, I'll try to put in a jettison and azool's crib so that we can test planets with specific amounts of goods instead of the defaults.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Can we get some discussion about values/purpose of these new planets. Or any new planet ideas here.
-Henry David Thoreau
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Planets should be 100% functional in construction and production. I set game speed to 120 to try to speed up testing.

I didn't check goods required very much, but try to see if it is possible to build all types of buildings and goods.

I added a level 9 port in sectors 1 and 5 which sell all normal goods (for free for now)

Use the planet in sector 5 for testing please
-Henry David Thoreau
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

It's a big subject, and the planets in 1.5 have alot of different things to look at, so it will take me some time to come up with something coherent as to how these planets might work.

One thought I had was that we could integrate a planet's population into how technologically advanded it is. Planets start out as unihabitable, then become habitable. The initial task of planet building would be to attract a viable population using different methods (most of them involving the placement of goods and construction).

Population could be affected by various things: the presences of trade routes, concentrations and/or lack of goods/services, security from attacks, etc.

As the population reaches some threshold, you can begin more advanced constructions and technologies, start producing special planetary goods/services.

I'll give it more thought later...
that which pods you makes you stronger
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Azool wrote: Use the planet in sector 5 for testing please
You can not use the planet in sector 5. It will not allow you to add good for building. You can not claim the planet can't do anything with the planet in sector 5.

I have build some sheild generators on your planet in sector 1. Seems to build ok, I will have to time it and make sure it is using the right amount of building goods for each build type.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Freon22 wrote:
Azool wrote: Use the planet in sector 5 for testing please
You can not use the planet in sector 5. It will not allow you to add good for building. You can not claim the planet can't do anything with the planet in sector 5.

I have build some sheild generators on your planet in sector 1. Seems to build ok, I will have to time it and make sure it is using the right amount of building goods for each build type.
Fixed, you should be able to add goods now and therefore do anything else.
-Henry David Thoreau
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

need ownership option for planets
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok planets now allows you to put supplies for building on them. But when you build something it does not remove the goods that it takes to build from the stock on planet. So if I put 55 wood, 55 food, 55 ore, 55 computers. I can build Hangars all night.

Wood 55/50
Food 55/25
Ore 55/50
Computers 55/25
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Freon22 wrote:Ok planets now allows you to put supplies for building on them. But when you build something it does not remove the goods that it takes to build from the stock on planet. So if I put 55 wood, 55 food, 55 ore, 55 computers. I can build Hangars all night.

Wood 55/50
Food 55/25
Ore 55/50
Computers 55/25
I've got that one recorded, thanks.

Production will remove your goods if you want :)

Also, I haven't coded in restrictions to trading yet. If you want you can buy 50k of any good at the port, so you don't have to make a ton of trips with 55 of each good.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i think we should still make it so players get experience when building on planets
ImageImage