Planets

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

why am i not seeing planets in either 1 or 5?
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Baalzamon wrote:why am i not seeing planets in either 1 or 5?
That was the old universe. New planets are in high up sectors (2095, 2097, 2098). But these aren't a big priority until we figure out how we want to use them.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Poca wrote:i think we should still make it so players get experience when building on planets
Think up a formula so we can put it in and test/discuss it.
-Henry David Thoreau
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Here is a whole thread on exper for planet building.

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0
Freon22 wrote:I think simple is sometimes best.

Turrant = 250 Exper
Hanger = 200 Exper
Generator = 150 Exper

So if one player builds a planet to level 70 he would make 37,500 Exper. If you think that some alliance may setup thing so that one player will get credit for building all planets within a galaxy. Which if the galaxy had 8 planets would equal 300,000 Exper then cut it down to something like.

Turrant = 200 Exper
Hanger = 150 Exper
Generator = 100 Exper

Now if one player builds a planet to level 70 they earn 27,000 Exper. If one player builds 8 planets to level 70 they would earn 216,000 Exper.

You can cut it down even farther if needed. But you know one player is never going to get all of the builds on any planet. Once you can earn exper for building you are going to have players that will stop and restart builds in order to get the exper. Just like you can not tell who takes shields and CDs from a planet.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

suggestions for planets that I've heard of/thought of that I think are great ideas:

~Build them with alliance ports within them. (see beta planets)
~Experience for builders
~Change the current build numbers to more lethal ones (again, see beta)
~Give the planet owner options, IE restricting the ability to take CDs and shields off planets.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

well we need to see if we are going to kick ships or let them stay on the rock as that will affect the last part of the fight and code to...

Planets are to easy to take right now so we need to make them stronger, both at the start and at the end...

The exp for building is fine but i think max exp from building a planet to level 70 should be 10k a planet...If people want to build then they should not keep up with top traders....
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Explain the beta planets for me please. I don't have time to go play with them.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

canff wrote: The exp for building is fine but i think max exp from building a planet to level 70 should be 10k a planet...If people want to build then they should not keep up with top traders....
if you made it only 10k for each planet that is too little. a trader can easily make 5k a day. and then your talking about making it so somone only gets 10k for each planet that takes alot longer then 2 days.

i say make it at least 15 or 20k. because its not like just all one person is goign to be getting the builds. and plus most planet builders at least die once also. making it only 15 or 20k, there would be no way for them to keep up with teh top traders.
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Planets now have a "market" link.

Basically they operate like ports.

Every 5 levels after lvl 10 a planet has a 50% chance of starting to buy/sell a random good. Supply/demand maximums are the same as for ports. Restock rates are Level * Speed units per hour, so slightly better than a lvl 9 port at lvl 70.

The same trade equations are used as with ports. Relations are assumed 1000. Port level is replace with Planet level / 10, so the top end cash is slightly lower. Distance, well distance is where things get real fun.

Distance is replace by the number of planets your alliance owns divided by 2 . If your alliance owns all planets in the galaxy you are trading you get a 50% bonus to distance. So if your alliance has it's full quota of 30 planets and you are trading in a fully alliance owned galaxy you'll get a guaranteed distance of 23...

Still to get coded are reducing the goods on a planet when its level drops (It's actually there, just not hooked up to the combat code yet) and the "raze planet" option once a planet has been busted (Basically continue attack to destroy structures).
Planet goods will be removed when destruction of a planet's constructions takes it below a 5 level boundary.

For reference:

15,20,25,30,35 = Class 1 goods
40,45,50,55 = Class 2 goods
60,65,70 = Class 3 goods

Below lvl 15 a planet will not trade any goods.

The same boundaries are used for upgrading. There is a 50% chance of getting/losing a good when a boundary is crossed. Should a planet get downgraded far enough it will lose all goods of a higher class (E.g. Going down past lvl 60 will remove all class 3 goods).

Both quoted from Curu in beta forum when he implimented planet markets.

Also, the way the planets are now, there are 100 generators, 75 hangers, and 25 turrets. Maxing the planet level out at level 67 or so (im making up that level number, but its right around there). This makes the planets MUCH more lethal, as well as making it harder to build up to a level 70 planet.

edit: also, on beta planets, you can only drop goods, not pick them up (the market on the planet being the only exception). This eliminates slave trading.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

and also it ONLY allows the goods that are used for building. so therefore narcs, weapons ect are not allowed on the planet
ImageImage