IE + Firefox

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

IE + Firefox

Post by N.ator »

i think we should try to make the game compatable with firefox and also ie. because alot of the percent of smr players use either or
ImageImage
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

as shown. more people use windows then firefox.
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

:lol: Don't think you need to worry about that. He know what browsers he needs to code to. But if you want you can look at the source, and you will see he is running two style sheets. One is ie_specific.css and the other one is smr.css so anyway don't worry he has it in hand.

btw Azool I was looking at your CSS and good job they are well done. There is one small problem, for users that use smaller monitors the width overshoots alittle. For the widescreen users its good, I have a widescreed at the office and a 800x600 at home. Need to replace that old monitors anway. lol
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Curu did most of the CSS, I can't take credit there :)

We do code for both IE and firefox. Firefox actually works like it should. IE....well...doesn't. So IE tends to ;) off people who make websites (and cause many many extra hours of coding) which is why I posted the Get Firefox icon :)

Freon, is the 800x600 problem in live as well? or just 1.5?
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I see what it is. In live I have my fonts size set to 82. In SMR 1.5 we can't set fonts size yet. Sure when we can that will take care of it.

Edit: Another thing to lookout for with IE7 is. If you use a button and don't set the width it can run across the page or the full width of a table cell.

If you are using dynamic text on your input buttons the following seems to work very well. Or you can just set the button width to one size if you know that the text would never run over.
.button{
padding:0 .25em 0 .25em;
width:auto;
overflow:visible;
}