actual layout?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

actual layout?

Post by Baalzamon »

Azool, will the game physically look how it does in SMR right now? With the color scheme and how the links are displayed and everything? because I was thinking about it, and perhaps the in game screen should go more with the login screen, which looks much much more attractive to new players. I know that the goal is to improve SMR, but not make it be like any other game in its entirety, but I was thinking that the login reminds me kind of the IG screen in TDZK (I apologize for the size)

Definitely not to be copied, but I like the way that the links are displayed on the side, and it goes more with the theme presented at the login of 1.5. Also, we could get money by running ads for other games, but i'm sure that you already thought of that.

Next to the ad banner, where it has the compass, perhaps we could put in a 3x3 local map...not to be used like local map, but so that people with scanners can see what is immediately around them without having to go into local map view. Plotting courses wouldn't show up on it, and it wouldn't be able to be used for navigation, its purpose just to be a scanner for the immediate area around the player.

I also like the level bar, but thats just me ;-)

I'm not implying we should use the setup used in TDZK, I think that we should take some of their ideas and implement them for 1.5 and I think that we should stick to the traditional green color scheme, but maybe thats just me ;-)

I'm just throwing this out there...something that I was thinking about while I should be doing work for class :-)
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i think we should change the smr layout, and make it more like the login yes. also idk i never played tdzk, but from the looks of it, it looksl ike you can keep on getting exp, and you will still get a enw level. it hink we should do that also. so you can keep on inproving with your lvl. but also the thing i like is how is when each player is listed, the back ground is either black or blue. and idk. i think if we took some of this and changed it some and made it smr material that woudl be killer!
ImageImage
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

See The huge prob with TDZK is it has to much to look at... Ya we need some new looks but keep it clean....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Here a good idea, make a visual aid for the ships shields/armor. So how it work is when your shields and armor is full. The gif is green and the full height, as you lose shields maybe shields down by 1/4 the gif will be resize to the right % and will turn yellow. Once shields are gone and armor is down by one half the gif will turn red. All this happens with the % of the height moving down as the shields and armor is going down.

It is also easy to do just take a 2 or 4px gif and adjust the height to 100% and color green. Once the height is down to 75% load a yellow gif then once it is down to 25% or along those lines load a red gif.

You would still have the Shields 600/600 and the Armor 500/500 thing. This would just be a nice visual aid, I have done this type of bar graph in the pass and it works very well.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:Here a good idea, make a visual aid for the ships shields/armor. So how it work is when your shields and armor is full. The gif is green and the full height, as you lose shields maybe shields down by 1/4 the gif will be resize to the right % and will turn yellow. Once shields are gone and armor is down by one half the gif will turn red. All this happens with the % of the height moving down as the shields and armor is going down.

It is also easy to do just take a 2 or 4px gif and adjust the height to 100% and color green. Once the height is down to 75% load a yellow gif then once it is down to 25% or along those lines load a red gif.

You would still have the Shields 600/600 and the Armor 500/500 thing. This would just be a nice visual aid, I have done this type of bar graph in the pass and it works very well.
i like this idea. i think that would be a nice feature to add. also it would be cool to add like what tdzk did. on the top right or top left of the screen have another bar with your exp. and then your lvl % to the next lvl.

this doesnt really have anything to do with it, but i think that we should make a new way to put cloack/illusion on and stuff. because if you are a new player and get cloak, none of them would know how to enable the cloak or illusion.
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I always thought a cool effect for cloak would be a redest tint to the screen when the cloak was on and normal color when off.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

that would be cool
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:I always thought a cool effect for cloak would be a redest tint to the screen when the cloak was on and normal color when off.
wow that would be a crazy idea!!!! wouldnt it be the other way around. for your scrren to be green while on and then red when its off??

and what about we have a feature so when you get attacked its more noticable..like your screen starts flashing a dim red in teh abckround. that would be cool i think. but we shoudl also maybe make a feature allowing you to disable it as some people might now want that. for like fighting 1v1 constantly.
ImageImage
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Pictures of the ideas that you would like to see always help.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Azool wrote:Pictures of the ideas that you would like to see always help.
tonight, ill attempt making a layout in paint haha. not sure how good it wll come out..
ImageImage