mgu in smr

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I said nothing about routes. But if you put a port that you have come across (CMON YOUR COMPUTER WOULD SAVE LOCATIONS BUT NOT PORTS??) Then it would simply tell you the 10 closest ports that sell the item you choose from the screen.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Jester- wrote:I said nothing about routes. But if you put a port that you have come across (CMON YOUR COMPUTER WOULD SAVE LOCATIONS BUT NOT PORTS??) Then it would simply tell you the 10 closest ports that sell the item you choose from the screen.
i like this idea.!

i have played some other games where it had this, and it was a good feature.

i think we should also make it so people are not able to upload the game map to mgu, and make it so its not compatable with smc or mgu.
ImageImage
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

yes a new prog should be written for 1.5 but no mgu/smc for 1.5 would be an error because there is just so many things in this game, and there is gunna be even more things in 1.5 and its just a bit overwhelming to have to keep everything on track
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

N.ator wrote:i think we should also make it so people are not able to upload the game map to mgu, and make it so its not compatable with smc or mgu.
If we break one, then another comes along. I will however probably change the type of file downloaded to make it more generic. Then different programs can make either a converter or use that format so we can have multiple programs supporting the game.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

how about waypoints
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Prince Valiant wrote:how about waypoints
way points?

what you mean by that?
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

its similar to plotting a course, just in a specific order, like, you wanna hit certain sectors, or waypoints, on your journey...

But he could mean something different
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

bump for Azool
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

its like Favorite plot course. Saved course plots that u use alot...like the landing planet sector, or your trade route
so you can use them at will.
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well MGU is open source, so sooner or later I'm sure someone will modify it to work. Having a database stored within the plot course thingie would be very handy, however some of my best SMR memories were before I used SMC or MGU and having to create an alliance database holding location info. I think we've all gotten to reliant on external programs to help us play the game, from using SMC to track exp gains on the cpl to track a trade route, to using MGU's route plotter.

And while easy is good, I have to wonder if we've made things too simple, I'd kinda like us to go back a bit. However like Azool said, external programs will be made, unless we make it so they aren't as useful. Since trading is going to be different anyways and an MGU type program wont be nearly as useful in tracking routes, the next program will most likely be almost fully dedicated to locations.

So lets head them off at the pass, adding a location guide to the plot course is a little much, I like the plot to nearest bank or what not, but we shouldn't get any more specific than that. However to contrast that, I think there should be an alliance based database in the game that will allow you to browse locations and items, it wont plot to anything, but it will store locations the alliance has explored and shared.

What's the difference you ask? Well for starters it gives players in the NHA a leg up, seeing as they will most likely have full maps when they join, also I think that extra step of figuring out where you want to go and the shortest route should be manually done, for everyone. Just my opinion anyways
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will