Mission Storage

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

buttsack
Quiet One

Mission Storage

Post by buttsack »

As well as keeping them in my personal notepad, I'll be putting all my mission ideas here for extra storage and critique. Here's the 1st load and I'm going to take a break. :cool:

Simple HQ Missions:

Trader, our friends in Port #### are in need of some Shields for their Defense Systems. Your job is to take them ### shields to replenish their defenses. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trader, our friends in Port #### are in need of some Armor for their Defense Systems. Your job is to take them ### Armor to replenish their defenses. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

Trader, our friends in Port #### are in need of some Combat Drones for their Defense Systems. Your job is to take them ### Combat Drones to replenish their defenses. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

Trader, there is a hunter alert in our galaxy! If you would like to assist our Galactic Defense System, please do the following: place a # of mines in the following sectors; ##, ###, ##, ###. If you accept this mission, we will retrofit your ship to carry # of mines temporarily to aide in the completion of the mission. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

Trader, we have been alerted of an enemy minefield in our galaxy! This could hinder our traders, and is overall just a nuisance. Your mission is to destroy the mine field. The mines have been reported to be in the following sectors: ###,###,###,###. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

Trader, Our *insert race that Traders race has peace with* friends are in dire need of *insert random Good* at their Racial HeadQuarters. Your mission is to deliver these goods to them. Return back to HeadQuarters when you are finished for your reward. (done)

Trader, we have run out of *insert random good here*. Port #### offers these goods. Your mission is to bring us #### of these goods.

Simple NPC Missions:

Curses! Trader, it appears I misplaced my Jump Drive somewhere in this galaxy. Would you be kind enough to go retrieve it for me? Your efforts will not go unnoticed! (done)

*Hiccup* I... uhhhh... I *hiccup*... I lost my bottle... *hiccup*.............it's a bottle of *HICCUP*! A bottle of that uhhhhh... *hiccup* Salvene Swamp Water... darn there are a lot of bottles around here.. *hiccup*! Could you find it for me??? (done)

Hey guy, I'm mined in here. Can you destroy the mines in these sectors for me so I can get to the Federal Beacon safely?

Well hey there cutie-pie! You sure are a cutie. You're so cute, I could cuddle with you till the end of time. You sure have a nice ship too... very impressive.. I tell you what cutie, go blow up my ex-boyfriend and bring me the cash he stole from me... I'll split it with you 80/20... then we can visit the laundry room of your impressive ship! (Boyfriend ship is probably a small unarmed crap ship, for ease of mission) (done)

Advanced NPC Missions:

Help! My spaceship was invaded by a bunch of rogues! Oddly enough they left me alive, but they told me if I moved my ship just one sector, that the bomb they installed would explode! I don't know what to do! I'm literally stuck here... Maybe the rogues have some sort of device to disable this bomb? All the information I got for you is that they were definately affiliated with the Underground, and that the leader of their small space posse called himself "Billy The Kid". Can you please help me?
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Bar Missions:

Trader, I could use your help. Seems to me we've got a couple of ruffians here. If you can get them out, I'll give ya somethin' special. (Small NPC(s) to be killed)
(done)
---------------------------------------

Hey man...i got some craaazy brownies on me ship man. Problem is man, I've got The Man watchin my every step man...Tell ya what man, if you can cause a distraction, I'll get the crazy brownies for you man...Something like a fake port raid should do man...Once you're done, come on back and I'll give ya somethin special man.... (Player would need to initiate a port raid... Pre reqs: At least one completed PR before, and player needs to be in a Warbird)
(done)
------------------------------------------

Psst! You there! I hear you're lookin for work. I've got a guy lookin for his fix. You bring me back ###Narcotics in the next 10 minutes, and you'll be paid pretty (Player needs neg align..obviously.)
(done)
----------------------------------------
Federal Missions:

Stop! In the name of the Galactic Counsel, I charge you with the responsibility of seeing through with the demise of the infamous hunter, Elvis Fett. To assist you in this high trial, I offer you the choice of 3 of my officers to help you take this ruffian out. (Pre reqs: Needs to have at least 3 NPC kills, a positive alignment, and at least 100k exp)
(done)

Sir, we have a problem. You see, one of our fleets of mine clearers have found themselves stranded in a field of mines with no shields left. If you bring them ###shields within the next 45 minutes, you will be rewarded.
(done)
UG Missions:

You there! We have a bit of a ....problem...with a couple Federal Agents. They have been hunting down and killing our hunters in (insert galaxy here) For each podding of a Federal Agent in (insert galaxy) You will be rewarded.
(done)

Pst! I hear that the port in sector ### is getting in a fresh shipment of Narcs. I happen to know that the gang leader is lookin to get his hands on some fresh, untouched narcs. If you manage to intercept these narcotics before anyone else gets their hands on it, I have a feeling you could make a pretty penny.
(done)
Last edited by Baalzamon on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buttsack
Quiet One

Post by buttsack »

And when I reference the Trader by Trader, I think it would be cool if they said our name instead of Trader. :D
Green Skulls, Crimson and Clover, Army of Cuda, Suckas, Armory, Armory v2, Green Skulls, Lords of the Pings, Green Skulls, Ingenious!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

agreed
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yeah man lol

baazlamon, you must of said man like 30 times in that one mission statement...brought back memories of when i said dude every 2 words..hehe
ImageImage
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

kinda the point...special brownies? what?
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I had these links as comments for myself about missions. Please review these and you might get some more ideas (I haven't read these in a while, so I forget exactly what they are).

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=7651
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=8045
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

how about a bar mission where its like the bartender says we have too much beer We need you to drink it. And there is a button that says beer and u have to press it as many times you can in like 30 seconds(page reloading of course)
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Prince Valiant wrote:how about a bar mission where its like the bartender says we have too much beer We need you to drink it. And there is a button that says beer and u have to press it as many times you can in like 30 seconds(page reloading of course)
i like that

also we could have, like in the next 5 min. you have to drink 10 beers at these bars (list of different bars)

and then saying, there will be a reward at the last bar.

and then you will get like 5mill.
ImageImage
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

As mentioned, I see great potential in the NPC missions for training new players (for the same reasons). I would even suggest that new players recieve a message from the HQ asking for they're aid. You could even call it a pilots license or something. After that they are told they can visit they HQ at any time for more missions, and have several more progressive missions that will teach new skills.

Another idea I had was having alliances be able to take an advanced mission to destroy X number of ports of a waring race.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will