Speaking of Purify...

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Speaking of Purify...

Post by B.O.B. »

If there is any feature that is done, and definitely going to be in 1.5, we should start announcing them individually right now. Just my opinion.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

BOB, feel free to tell them there will be port raids, planet busts, ship combat, trading.

Those are for sure. Everything else is still being worked on and balanced and changed and thought about
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Kard wrote:BOB, feel free to tell them there will be port raids, planet busts, ship combat, trading.

Those are for sure. Everything else is still being worked on and balanced and changed and thought about
Lol. Figured those are givens. What about the changes to those? IE, ports are getting beefed in defense.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Or some of the biggeys like Ajax enabled CS page. Being able to see players move in and out of sector? Thats a nice one!
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

Freon22 wrote:Or some of the biggeys like Ajax enabled CS page. Being able to see players move in and out of sector? Thats a nice one!
I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WE HAD THAT!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

8) sweet!

we can swear here right? this is a private section for big boys
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Kard wrote:
Freon22 wrote:Or some of the biggeys like Ajax enabled CS page. Being able to see players move in and out of sector? Thats a nice one!
I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WE HAD THAT!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

8) sweet!

we can swear here right? this is a private section for big boys
Quite simply yes, but not to excess.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

there is a lot but as to what is working 100% will need to get azool to make a list.... we only got bits and parts and what we see...
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

We are adding "mining" capabilities and able to sell those products for profit and to build things. And by mining i mean of looking for metal in asteroids and planets.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Jester- wrote:We are adding "mining" capabilities and able to sell those products for profit and to build things. And by mining i mean of looking for metal in asteroids and planets.
I thought we agreed to call that "Excavating" so it wasn't confused with mines that blow ya up.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

I thought I throw out some of the potential changes since y'all seem curious.

To make routes more dynamic, some new goods are being added.

Additionally, there will be "Asteroids" that can be "Excavated". "Excavation" will provide the player with some lower level goods (such as Precious Metals), and when the Asteroid has been Excavated too much, it will disappear from the sector.

Over time, new Asteroids will be appear. This additionally adds to the dynamics of routes, and also, makes MGU less useful (as prime routes may include the use of an Asteroid).

Lastly, another change to routes is "Gossip". With Gossip, the Port attendant might mention to you a place that is buying or selling goods at a modified rate (IE, instead selling 100 Wood for 100k, the port will buy 100 Wood for 500k).

AJAX is being implemented.
This means several things, but primarily benefits players on slower connections, because when doing actions, only portions of the webpage are reloaded (instead of the entire page).
^ That's what I've got written up so far.
Last edited by B.O.B. on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.