Misc Planet Stuff

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Misc Planet Stuff

Post by OmegaRenegade »

[20:49] <@Omega^lit> hey zool, can we add a launch button to the upper right nav area under planet main?
[20:50] <@canff-away> hmmm 6 hangers in 3.what ever hours seems kind of like a lot fast build
[20:51] <@canff-away> planets will be huge in a day
[20:51] <@Omega^lit> I think planets will start with a low population at game start
[20:51] <@Omega^lit> every 100M is 1 building at a time
[20:51] <@canff-away> k
[20:52] <@Omega^lit> hmm... wonder if we can tie that into the qualities of the planets azool? maybe planets with larger areas have the fastest growing population?
[20:52] <@canff-away> why not make the time on each build after the first take more time
[20:52] <@canff-away> even if its just 30 min more on top
[20:53] <@canff-away> if a planet sits all game and no one builds it could have what 900 pop smone could come in and build it over night
[20:54] <@Omega^lit> why not both? OR... we could have a research tech that reduces the penalty for build times on multiple buildings, that gives us 12 techs and means 3 reaserch planets to get them all
[20:54] <@Omega^lit> biggest pop I seen is 550
[20:54] <@Omega^lit> and is that so bad?
[20:54] <@canff-away> i got over 600 here
[20:54] <@Omega^lit> someone decides to make a late play into the planet game?
[20:54] <@canff-away> 632 on this level 0
[20:54] <@canff-away> yas
[20:55] <@canff-away> or a vet alliance goes to take more planets
[20:55] <@canff-away> or all
[20:55] <@Omega^lit> lol
[20:55] <@Omega^lit> they're already gonna be behind the ball
[20:55] <@canff-away> could make it so pop don't grow with out builds
[20:56] <@canff-away> or food:)
[20:56] <@canff-away> goods
[20:57] <@Omega^lit> hmm... thats less than 3 days to max hangers with 600+M... ya I agree, its too much
[20:58] <@canff-away> yep
[20:58] <@Omega^lit> thats a 70 in a week
[20:59] <@canff-away> would make it imp to bust down a big planet
[20:59] <@Omega^lit> if you could kill off pop...
[20:59] <@canff-away> i guess
[20:59] <@Omega^lit> ok, I got it, ur gonna love this
[21:00] * JettJackson has joined #smr-beta
[21:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o JettJackson
[21:03] <@Omega^lit> we set the median population growth rate along a curve so that it takes 2 weeks to finish a 70 when there is about 3 weeks left into the game (or... how long are games gonna be?) whatever, the idea is that if say that trade alliance decides to get in on the planet fun at the end of the game, they can, they wont be able to have all the benefits of research, defence or much resource, but they'll be able to go out big if they wanted to
[21:04] <@canff-away> i but needs to be a big curve... or no one will build from teh start
[21:04] <@Omega^lit> and along that curve of population growth we impose build penalties, so at X00-X24 there is hour penalty on each additional building, at X25-X49 its 45min etc
[21:04] <@Omega^lit> I agree
[21:05] <@Omega^lit> means it wont always be best to max hangers right off the bat, but maybe time it for when the planet is about to grow
[21:05] <@Omega^lit> if that makes sense
[21:05] <@canff-away> ya
[21:07] <@Omega^lit> though that being said, I do think planets need to get max'd earlier on
[21:07] <@Omega^lit> fleets are gonna be hitting alot harder
[21:07] <@canff-away> true
[21:07] <@canff-away> but more defence is something to
[21:07] <@canff-away> or attack
[21:08] <@canff-away> prob is planets suck till they hit level 50 or so
[21:08] <@canff-away> but you don't want level 50's in a week
[21:10] <@Omega^lit> right
[21:14] <@Omega^lit> Azool when u get back, read that stuff :P
[21:15] <@Azool> too busy :) post it on the board and I'll read when I get a minute
[21:15] <@Omega^lit> lol ok
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

pop growth cut in half
added launch button to top right of planet main screen

I'm going to slightly adjust population assigned at the beginning of the game too.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Just for the record... landed on one of my planets:
Population: 1354 million
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Prince Valiant
Admin Emeritus

Post by Prince Valiant »

we need to fix the goods. We need to get rid of food and Wood and ore and switch them with stuff that would be useful to space fairing people. Especially when we build hangers with wood....we dont need weapons to blow up a hanger made with wood! we need rocks! giant space rocks(meteors)
I am the calm before the storm, The second before the crash.
Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team