Planets Aren't Working... and thoughts about the GE etc...

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Planets Aren't Working... and thoughts about the GE etc...

Post by OmegaRenegade »

So out of boredom we attacked a planet today. After every shot I got an error message (JJ said he posted it to you already? If not I'll go smack a planet for ya) and had to CS to be able to attack again (no continue attack button). Also when a planet is attacked the owner/alliance doesn't get a message alert (it does however post the log to the alliance message board. Question. I was viewing the combat logs of a planet attack on our message board and saw the sheild and drone replacements documented. Does it only show that to the defender or does the attacker get to see that to? Because it gives the sector of the re-enforcements. Also for 2 planets each one only received one type of re-enforcement once, was it coded that way or was it something else? I do admit that I havent checked yet, it is possible that those were all the re-enforcements available.

While on the subject of planets... Azool earlier we had discussed buildings being destroyed (basically, after a bust someone could claim the planet and then destroy everything except the key building, and get cash for it) . I noticed that you removed the Destroy button, and at the time was glad to see it go, however I'm thinking maybe having it there in a limited capacity is not a bad thing, and I may have found an easy way to link it to that "Goods Exchange" building. First of all being able to destroy things should be limited, both quantity and what buildings, and not being able to kill the key building was a good move. As it was a person got cash for taking out buildings (good, though they shouldnt have to claim it to be able to do that... when 15+ members of a warring alliance are attacking they're going to be hard pressed to find someone able to claim it) I'd start out with whatever base you're currently using and then add 50% per GE built by the attacking alliance. Maybe break up the type of buildings into: Defence (Basic 1.0 buildings and reserves), Support (Sheild Capacitors, Landing bays, resource buildings like forestry) and Special (Cargo pod, banks, and just about everything else). Without any GE's all you can destroy is defense, maybe 3% of each building up to 10% (So u gotta be smart about it) The more GE's the attackers have the %'s go up. After one GE you can take out support buildings (8% of the total) OR your defensive buildings (at the 3% of each +2% for GE, up to 10% +2% for GE. 2 GE's means 12% of support buildings OR defensive as above OR as a combination of 3% of each defensive up to 10% AND 6% of the support buildings. 3 GE's (max?) is 12% of support buildings AND 5% of each defensive up to 12% OR one special building.

Lastly, we totally need to change the name of the GE.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will