Ship Upgrades (2)

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Ship Upgrades (2)

Post by Baalzamon »

I'm bumping this topic up for more discussion.
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a

When we were first playing with numbers for this, ship size was a stat, it was not gained, and the max anyone could have was 600...now its something to be gained within the game, and people can have up to 2,000 ship size, resulting in massive offense and defense in the same ship. I'm playing with numbers while we speak, and once I have them set, I'll be posting it up here.

But from experience, I know everyone will be complaining about whatever I come up with...so if others would be so kind as to attempt to come up with solutions to bring to the table as well, I would appreciate it.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Ship Upgrades (2)

Post by Page »

I believe that upgrades for shields/armour/cargo/forces should count as a %
Therefore a ship designed to have no scouts, will never have scouts making it pretty hard to use hunting, but a ship with lots of defence for raiding can easily get more to survive big shots.

Number of gadgets I think can stay as a set increase personally.

Weapon Level/Number of weapons is a a lot harder though, maybe max upgrades to weapon level can be 1/4 of the ships base power and possibly the same again for number of weapons.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... O5QmUvAgWg

Theres the work I did on it.

And page, I like your idea....alot....But for anyone who doesn't...there's my spreadsheet
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

we could also just combine the ideas...use page's idea for it, but add in the sort of racial advantages/disadvatages that I put in...I say this because
<Target> now what will happen when someone switches from a hunter to trader
I don't have an answer for that other then
<Baalz|AFK> xxxx...didn't really think about that.
<Baalz|AFK> hmmm
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well racial advantages/disadvantages could be added, however it's already based on the ship that is being used - for racial ships these already have the racial advantages/disadvantages factored in so the % would favour those racial advantages/not favour disadvantages.
Ender
Quiet One

Post by Ender »

I like it, as far as I see it could work better then the current system.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

This is good Baalz, really good. A big, scoutless bird can get scouts but for a higher price. This in a way reflects what upgrades should do, make your ship with it's basic characteristics stronger but in the direction of what you had to begin with, which is most economical way of distributing ship size points.
Use The Force(s)!
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

it seems the scale of the upgrades are the problem, not how they are applied... I'd be happy if upgrade points were just cut in half, so you purchase them in 50's instead of 100, to a max of 1000
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will