Making Planets More Beneficial

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Making Planets More Beneficial

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Here are some tweaks I thought up to make planets better...

1) Make conventional weapons really in-effective against planets. And deny fed protection to any ship that has had raid weapons on it in the last 24hrs. Essentially this means that you need to have planets to raid them (being busted by a fed alliance sucks anyways, always seems to cause games alot of greif when a big alliance ops from fed). There is the argument against this that it makes it so smaller alliances cant op, but with planet populations getting bigger as the game goes along, an alliance that wants to op later in the game can catch up on build time faster. Also they can always find an alliance with planets to negotiate landing rights.

2) Landers. I think the Capital building should also give a 100-150M population boost. Since these planets are supposed to be the biggest and baddest, they should get there earlier.

3) Turrets and drones. Given the fact that we're seeing ships with massive defence (/52 anyone?) I think turret damage should be boosted to 400 and drones should do 2 damage points each instead of 1.

4) Mines and orbs. Since currently these are really more just a deterrent at this point and dont really do too much to stop anyone anyways, some small tweaks to orbs should be in order. Maybe even just doubling the number you can build.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Making Planets More Beneficial

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Nother idea, though this one has been mentioned a couple times before. No more personal planets, they should all just be alliance owned, up to the number of people in the alliance
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

100% agree with every single thing.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Yea, planets need some sort of a boost to make you want to actually land on them, as it is I'm sure it costs hardly any turns to rearm every time you hunt (possibly made up for the turns saved not having to go back to planet gal at end of day)

I don't think Capital should give an instant boost, but increasing the chance of population growing would be good.

Turret/drone damage increasing would make a good research? Possibly able to stack but with limits based on number of research planets/labs.
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

OmegaRenegade wrote:Nother idea, though this one has been mentioned a couple times before. No more personal planets, they should all just be alliance owned, up to the number of people in the alliance
I think this is a great idea and yet im hesitant, it would mean ppl no longer having to claim a planet instead one guy could go around claiming upto 30 (if you hada full allaince) planets and start building them. Dunno about you guys but i would love to be in an allaince and be able to do that i always see about 5 planets i like and yet only half the allaince has bothered to claim one. Anyway the problem is that you could recruit a bunch of newbies who all go inactive in 3 weeks yet still have 10 planets and just yourself to build, land and maintain them. Me i'd love it. This round ive built 4 planets but only could land on 1 coz it was claimed by me and the others werent, but if mine got busted i had other planets stocked with shields and cd's and only needed claiming to be denfendable. lol. so yeah allaince planets i think is good its jsut they might be easily exploitable i think.
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Well, there is alot of risk in that, alliances will usually scout your planets first, if they see one built but unclaimed, they'll grab it, if its stocked, then you may have just given them a planet to uno from.

Player planets weren't as bad an issue in 1.0, but I've seen more alliance hopping this round than any other I've played, plus since planets are now more of a "defence network" than individual planets, building a cluster is a pretty big team effort, having one player own and control one planet each goes against that ideal.