Balancing

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Balancing

Post by Baalzamon »

Alright, since we've moved testing back to the beta server, next to nothing has happened. Here are the balances we need to figure out, and I want a few people on each topic, and if you worked on it alot pre-release, i would ask that you continue to work on it (ie OR working on planets)

Planets- They need to be harder to bust by alot, and possibly faster to build in some cases

Ports- I need some people to test the upgrading and downgrading that Page coded in

EMP Weapons- Need to find a way to fix their dominance in the game (DWizz...you free for a night of shooting eachother again?)

Ships/Upgrades- We need to decide on a way to prevent making an IST a killing machine and such...this may be more of a discussion then testing right away, but it needs to be done and a final decision decided upon.

Excavating- I want to be sure that it will take longer to get 2k knowledge...the 5k exp base line should work fine, but lets make sure of this.

Trading- This is another brainstorming thing that needs to be done. I don't think that it should be possible to have spooky after 6 weeks, even playing as much as Jecht does, I don't think that should have happened...

Azool, can you put up a new game in beta without the 600exp cap, and unlock the ability to get the alien racial stuff with the proper excavation requirements? And throw in a couple racewars shops as well, if thats alright.
Sufex
Quiet One

Re: Balancing

Post by Sufex »

Baalzamon wrote: Ports- I need some people to test the upgrading and downgrading that Page coded in

I'll get busy on this.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

Baalzamon wrote:Planets- They need to be harder to bust by alot
i disagree for now. until someone tries to attack max built planets, i don't know how we can say this. especially if we make changes with forces, which a lot of others are suggesting.
Baalzamon wrote:Excavating- I want to be sure that it will take longer to get 2k knowledge...the 5k exp base line should work fine, but lets make sure of this.
why? if someone takes all the time excavating, that means they aren't trading. xp beats alien tech big time.

i.e. last night jecht was doing 700ish to 30ish damage to gheng while having over 300 reps.
Baalzamon wrote:Trading- This is another brainstorming thing that needs to be done. I don't think that it should be possible to have spooky after 6 weeks, even playing as much as Jecht does, I don't think that should have happened...
something has to happen with trading deals. maybe don't give high exp multipiers on top tier goods?
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

my reason for planets is BECAUSE we havent seen a full built cluster yet. Just about everyone is being hit so often so easily that they can't manage to build all the way up yet. BSA almost has a maxed out drone planet, as well as a few others, so soon we will see a full size planet cluster, but i have a feeling we'll still need to tweak it.

Not to mention a conventional level 70 is still a level 70, and should still take more then 10 people to hit, even with upgrades.

I think excavation needs to be tweaked because, although exp is better then alien, look at stabar for example...he excavated a ton, second to ghengis alone, and look at his experience...he passed me in exp in less then a week, and that was with me trading all round. 2k ship size, increased trade experience...the mixture of the two means massive experience very quickly.

And as for trading, that could work...I was also thinking faster diminishing returns for trading, so that you can't trade quite as long as well as you can....
Dilbert
Quiet One

Post by Dilbert »

Baalzamon wrote:Excavating- I want to be sure that it will take longer to get 2k knowledge...the 5k exp base line should work fine, but lets make sure of this.
Well i can already tell you that the 5k exp base line only partially works. Basically you need 5k exp to start mining. If you have enough holds and you quick enough you can jettison as you excavate and thus carry on excavating below the 5k line. In fact i was excavating for alien stuff so when i reached 0xp in about 3 mins and then carried on jettisoning goods except alien stuff i was excavating at 0xp for a good 10mins. The bug problem thing is still there i think.
In order to stab someone in the back, you first must be 100% behind them!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Ports- I need some people to test the upgrading and downgrading that Page coded in

EMP Weapons- Need to find a way to fix their dominance in the game (DWizz...you free for a night of shooting eachother again?)
I'm up for both. PM me in chat.

As for trading... don't forget that real, official round won't have peace among all races and offers won't be as much effective as they are now.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote:I think excavation needs to be tweaked because, although exp is better then alien, look at stabar for example...he excavated a ton, second to ghengis alone, and look at his experience...he passed me in exp in less then a week, and that was with me trading all round. 2k ship size, increased trade experience...the mixture of the two means massive experience very quickly.

And as for trading, that could work...I was also thinking faster diminishing returns for trading, so that you can't trade quite as long as well as you can....

Stabar also had the huge bonus of his high mech, which basically gives him 2-4x more trade power than anyone else before even factoring in gadgets.. I think it should be done as a % not a set bonus
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

Trading- This is another brainstorming thing that needs to be done. I don't think that it should be possible to have spooky after 6 weeks, even playing as much as Jecht does, I don't think that should have happened...

the new code actually made it easier for me. ill have it within a month.
Stabar
Quiet One

Post by Stabar »

lol i only had 1k ship size Baalz :P