Mines

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Mines

Post by JettJackson »

i think something about the mines should be done, mines should be able to defend a planet gal/cluster not be rolled over like they are nothing
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Target
Quiet One

Re: Balancing

Post by Target »

STEBO48858 wrote:i think something about the mines should be done, mines should be able to defend a planet gal/cluster not be rolled over like they are nothing
i don't think mines are that easily rolled over. it takes a lot of SC to clear.

the problem is how many reps you have doesn't affect you when clear. rich alliances can continue to buy more and more SC, and have it not matter. JJ, i know you're specifically taking about what FI has been able to do clearing mines, and thats because those that clear usually have 700-900 reps when we're done.

a few possible solutions might be:

1) the more reps you have, the more SC you use

2) your weaps don't do damage against forces if you click attack after a certain amount of reps

3) the more reps you have, the more damage mines do to you
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Mines

Post by JettJackson »

all 3 of those would help mines effiency and make clearing harder
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Venganza
Quiet One

Post by Venganza »

i think all three of those at once would overpower the mines. i believe that increased dmg from drones or # of drones that hit should increase as past repairs go up. This would be the simplest method to solve the problem.
I can see a dire consequence from increasing SC cost of clearing forces. If a trader with 600 or so past repairs and is coming back to fed hits a 50 stack, well there goes all his SC so he has to limp back 10 seconds per sector, right after he just pinged some hunter. Vets wont get hit like this as often, but every single new player will die 5-10 times to this per game.
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

I think I most favor the increased mine damage idea, where more mines hit more often as your repairs climb
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I'm bumping this thread, pointing again to the formula I made about repairs affecting damage done to forces...

Why... well, WS opped last night and mined their galaxy again... 15-16 seeds in each sector, I've cleared total of 18 sectors in 900 SC and 30 minutes. No team effort, or JJ's 3 hours of droning the stacks shouldn't be smashed in half an hour, only "because I can".
Use The Force(s)!