Experience gain/loss from killing/dying

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Experience gain/loss from killing/dying

Post by Infinity »

There's something seriously wrong here.

I'll go with my own and latest example so that people don't get wrong ideas...

Yesterday I die to a ~190k ship, I had 515k and went down to 423k.

Today I die to 1,81mils xp ship, I had 518k and went down to 426k.

Maybe someone wanted this to be like this, but I strongly feel this isn't right.

I talked to both of the guys, both got around 20k xp from me although one had 10 times less xp than the other.

I have no idea how's the formula looking now, but I would suggest correcting it so it should more resemble to what we've had in the past, when a low xp guy got a high xp guy, high xp guy was punished for finally dying (which makes perfect sense), low xp guy was rewarded for his effort (which also makes sense). Not to mention, that I regained ALL of the lost xp over a 24hrs period of time (after the first pod).

Again, on my own example, 190k trader should have gotten more from killing a 515k ship... 515k ship should have lost less xp from being killed by a 1.81mils xp guy.
Use The Force(s)!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Experience gain/loss from killing/dying

Post by Kahless_ »

I agree, its a bit off at the moment. The old system was good.

My personal experience of this new system, i lost ~110k when i died to someone with 400k xp (150k less than me),
and lost about 100k xp against a 1mill'er (650k more than me).

I'm also curious today to know how much Jecht lost. Wasnt around so i didnt get to see, but well, how much did ya lose Jecht =)

Also, i think its important to consider how much xp is worth these days when we consider how much should be gained/lost. In old SMR when it was only possible to make maybe 10k if you had a very good route, average maybe clost to 5-7k. These days its easy for a person to make 40-50k, although probably most normal people who know what they're doing would make around 25-30k. Exp loss from deaths needs to reflect how much work it is to replace the xp. In the past what might have taken a week to recover, can be done in a single day. Gist is, xp losses should be higher accross the board to reflect the change in weightage of exp.
Roehm
Beta Tester

Post by Roehm »

Jecht lost about 400k xp.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Just to add info before I start brainstorming on this - Artemis got 65k from killing Jecht, I think he had around 160k before the kill.
Use The Force(s)!
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

Was that exp gain including Artimis getting holy a few min later?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I asked what he got from Jecht, that's what he told me, so I believe without Holy.
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Use The Force(s)!