Alien Ships

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Alien Ships

Post by Baalzamon »

I propose we change the Nyx ship into a trader. Having all three as combat ships is pretty ridiculous, particularly when most people will be low exp when they get alien ships (yes, I know you can get them at high experience just as easily). Also, with gadgets that need 5k knowledge, you're not going to get them with a PSF where all 2k shipsize goes into holds...it just won't work.

Current Nyx Shade Has:
Shield: 1000
Armor: 1000
CDs: 0
Scouts: 0
Mines:0
Holds: 0
Hardpoints: 12
Technology: Scanner, Cloak, Illusion
CRPH:54

Proposed Nyx Shade Has:
Shield: 1000
Armor: 1000
CDs: 0
Scouts: 5
Mines: 10
Holds: 750
Hardpoints: 2
Technology: Scanner, Cloak, Jump
CRPH: 42

Reasoning:
First of all, I say Nyx needs to be the ship to change because the EMP weapons were designed to be a trader's best friend. Since Nyx is the race with EMP weapons, it would be consistant to keep it with Nyx as the trade ship.
Secondly, I kept the shield and armor the same so as to give them an advantage of a decently high defense in case hunters show up.
Next, 5 scouts and 10 mines to be able to watch his/her route
750 holds, this makes it much better then a PSF, both for trading and for excavating
2 Hardpoints to carry a couple EMP weapons, or armor weapons in case there are some forces on the port.
Technology, hehe. These are the three techs that help traders most. If you're going to spend all that time getting the ship, and want to keep trading, give it to them. With a much smaller use of Flee! gadget now, it is not as overpowered on a trader as it first sounds.
CRPH of 42 is the same as IST. Big holds like the PSF, Fast speed like the IST.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Alien Ships

Post by Infinity »

That CRPH is too large, remember that guy who has Nyx Shade has Exp Mech gadget too, which is another 0.3, so... I'd like to see it lower, rest is fine, maybe tho 25 mines? Cloak is also debatable, but since it's so much work to get there, I guess two techs on one ship is a standard.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

id go minus cloak personally, other than that its fine change
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

i had no idea what to put the CRPH for, so i don't care.

As for losing cloak....alien ships have 3 techs, not 2 like the rest. These three are the most useful for a trader to be using. And if you're going to be sticklers against cloak, at least give it IG. But I would still prefer cloak above it.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

id say IG over cloak, it makes that trader almost impossible to kill with a cloak

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I would also say kill the cloak, godly cloaked trader ships was at one point in the game (PSF had cloak) it was changed so that the Thief a small but quick ship had cloak, as it's either you cant be seen or harder to kill, not a mixture of both.

Other than that looks good.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

May I then suggest the speed?

3.0 CRPH plus the gadget that the guy will most certainly have and use = 3.3SC

XP gain would stop (without the gadget at) 400 repairs, currently that number (again without the gadget) is 320, meaning Nyx Shade would be effective till about 250-270 repairs and with that amount of holds ... well, I think you get what I'm aiming at.

Thoughts?
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

agreed

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

OK, sounds great.

Page, can you change it in beta please?
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Apart from only the Nyx one, can't we assign roles to each alien ship? I.E. one is a hunter, one is a raider, one is a utility ship and of course the trader. Haven't looked at the qualities of each race, but we should be able to tweak that.