We want the code

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Re: We want the code

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:I really wonder what on earth there would be in a database that you consider your property,
Like I have always said in all of my coding the main concern is protecting the database. Be that from orphan files or hackers trying to get passwords and email addresses. So when I think someone is asking for the database I try to do whatever I have to do to stop it. Its a well own fact that most internet users only use a max of three different passwords for all their login on the net. SMR does not encrypted the users passwords, so with their email address and password someone could start checking sites like paypal, banking site, other web boards. Simply put I do not want you or anyone to have my email address unless I am the one giving it to someone. As far as my password I don't want anyone to have my password, I tried to get SMR to encrypt the passwords in the pass but for some unknown reason they wont. Not sure why maybe its they don't know how and if that was the case I could show them how.
Passwords are encrypted in SMR1.5, can't remember which algorithm is used to do it but I'm sure anyone who knows about this stuff could probably guess from a select handful. If I'd seen the passwords were unencrypted it would have been the very first change I made. Although it's still perfectly possible to just edit the code and start grabbing passwords at any point (even if they were previously stored as encrypted).

Apart from that what goes with the code is the structure of the database, which is separate from the data of the database. With the structure it is possible to know your username has to be a varchar of length X or your ship type an integer, but without the data no one will know what is actually stored there.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: We want the code

Post by Edgecrusher »

It's been almost a month now since Spock told us he'd think it over and talk to Azool. Does anyone know what the progress is?